Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Anyone got any optical horror stories ...

by Evie / August 21, 2005 9:02 AM PDT

... I can use for ammo to get my procrastinator hubby to get some eyeglasses? I'm getting desperate!! He KNOWS he needs glasses -- his night vision is the worst -- but keeps putting it off. He's not exactly a vain person so I doubt that has anything to do with it. Maybe a few scares might help?

TIA, Evie Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone got any optical horror stories ...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone got any optical horror stories ...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
See if you can get him a custom made
by Steven Haninger / August 21, 2005 9:53 AM PDT

T-shirt with Mr. Magoo on it.;)

Collapse -
Not a Horror story But...
by gooslojo / August 21, 2005 10:20 AM PDT

I finally got glasses last year(procrastinator!!)and the difference was amazing.
It was like black and white is to color tv
Like lp's to CD's.Like a cheap Hostess cherry pie to a homemade pie taken right from the oven.Like vinyl to leather.Like a PBR to a Heiney.
I could go on all night but I'll stop now(mild applause).
When that eye doctor starting clicking on that freaky looking machine and the chart slowly came into focus,I was completely blown away!My first thought was-"so this is what I'd been missing"

Collapse -
Similar experience
by Steven Haninger / August 21, 2005 11:37 AM PDT

I started buying the cheap drug store reading glasses first when I found I could only read books or newsprint outside in the sun. I refused to let anyone see me with these things as best I could...a closet presbyopic I was. I was in denial for a long time thinking this would just heal like any other wound. Eating more carrots did nothing. I'm not sure how she said it but my wife got me to give in and get examined. I didn't escape the exam without getting fitted for a pair of specs. Once everyone I knew had seen me with them on, it wasn't so hard to take.

Collapse -
Both of my in-laws ...
by Evie / August 21, 2005 11:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Similar experience

... have worn glasses for as long as I've known them, and his Mom had them in all the pictures of when hubby little. AFAIK, he had reading glasses when he was in college, but I guess after college he didn't need them anymore.

He jokes that we'll just get a bigger TV ... LOL, or move it closer or closer to it.

He KNOWS he needs glasses. His night driving is beginning to scare me as I see he is struggling. Maybe its some sort of early midlife thing but he seems to have decided that for some reason he's just not getting them right now. A couple of years back we looked at frames and found many that are flattering so I really don't think it's a looks thing. I guess if I can't get an answer as to why, I'll just have to call in one of my "points" from all those carefully selected "battles" over the years Wink

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Sure. When I was in grade school, I started needing glasses.
by Kiddpeat / August 21, 2005 11:42 AM PDT

I didn't tell anyone until I was 16. By then me eyes were something like 20/200 as I recall.

Collapse -
I didn't know I needed glasses and...
by Jack Ammann / August 21, 2005 1:38 PM PDT

...my father sent me to an Ophthalmologist one day. And guess what...trees had leaves...LOL

Collapse -
What amazed me.........
by Glenda / August 21, 2005 2:33 PM PDT

was those signs on street corners had names on them Devil

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.