The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Anyone else enjoy a good 40 minute BOL once in a while?...

by shawnlin / January 16, 2007 3:39 AM PST

after these long breaks like over the holidays and post-CES... I really look forward to a longer BOL, (BOL-plus, if you will :))

Anyone else feel that way?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anyone else enjoy a good 40 minute BOL once in a while?...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anyone else enjoy a good 40 minute BOL once in a while?...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mee too
by Oakraidr / January 16, 2007 3:45 AM PST

I look at each show length so I know When to listen (Lunch, commute home) I am in the mood for a commute length podcast.

Collapse -
by Jawshy / January 16, 2007 5:29 AM PST

I'm delaying cutting the grass so I can listen to BOL while doing it. I hope it's a long one.

Collapse -
BOL 2.0 or BOL 4G
by totosquirt / January 16, 2007 5:39 AM PST

...just names to keep up with the BOL new/classy version number themes...

math is hard...(?)

Collapse -
The Longer the Better
by calover123456 / January 16, 2007 5:58 AM PST

I can't wait for the Buzzcast to return from vacation. I feel that the longer the podcast, the better. It means more enjoyment from Molly, Tom, and Veronica. I hope they're back very soon.

Collapse -
Anyone else enjoy a good 40 minute BOL once in a while?...
by wizkids32 / January 16, 2007 6:00 AM PST

Yep I bet they are Back today since Monday was Martin Luther King's Birthday so that is why they weren't there but they need to update their generic podcast Since Snakes on a Plane has all ready come out and a DVD

Collapse -
extra podcast!
by aribeiro2 / January 16, 2007 10:37 AM PST

they should do a podcast for last monday, timewarp and upload it on monday, so today i would have listened to a good episode!

when they are in the future, they should also fill our weekends with podcasts...
that would be great!

i didn't know how much i would miss BOL as i did these days...
really, getting stuck in the traffic without BOL really sucks!
but tomorrow i'll have my morning joy again Grin

Collapse -
I think we should just let them do what they want to do...
by robstak / January 16, 2007 10:49 PM PST

jeez ppl!

Collapse -
true, I trust their judgement; but we use the forums...
by shawnlin / January 16, 2007 11:08 PM PST

but we use the forums to express ourselves. I think a few months ago, BOL was asking for suggestions on things the listeners like or dislike - I didn't think of this idea until after the holiday and post-CES break.

--Shalin

Collapse -
1 hour+ should be the norm
by LiK / January 17, 2007 2:28 AM PST

they can do 60+ minutes and i'll listen to it all. i hate when they're rushing through a segment. if they want to have a long discussion about something, i think they should do it.

Collapse -
I'm afraid not.
by udayan71 / January 17, 2007 3:14 AM PST

TWiT really drags on at times. Now BOL is infinitely superior to TWiT but I don't want to spend 60 minutes with the show. My morning coach journey into Hertfordshire is barely long enough for me to listen to a normal show.

Furthermore, BOL's length allows it to be succinct but comprehensive, without dipping into the 2nd rate news just to fill time.

Collapse -
(NT) Nice to see your wise, measured opinions again :)
by shawnlin / January 17, 2007 3:42 AM PST
In reply to: I'm afraid not.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It's good to be back Shalin. I missed the Lounge.
by udayan71 / January 18, 2007 2:00 AM PST
Collapse -
So true...
by dro0001 / January 17, 2007 10:29 AM PST

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Collapse -
it's fine for work
by LiK / January 18, 2007 12:48 AM PST

i listen to them at work so any additional time to really get in-depth into something is better than a light comment where they feel rushed for time. like i said, the longer the better.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?