Samsung forum

General discussion

Anynet+ stopped working

My HT-Z220 has been working well with my Samsung TV through Anynet+, but today has decided it won't. It no longer appears in the TV list of Anynet+ devices and seems to have lost control functions, e.g. the TV speakers won't turn off any more when the receiver is connected. Sound is still working through the optical link. I haven't tried a DVD, but the HT menu is visible on the TV.

Is there any secret fix to the HT that would reset it? It has no menu options to enable or disable Anynet+.

I have swapped HDMI cables as well as ports on the TV. I have another Anynet+ device (HDD Recorder) that continues to work OK.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anynet+ stopped working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anynet+ stopped working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Anynet+ stopped working

In reply to: Anynet+ stopped working

jw650,

And Anynet+ is still ON in the TV menu?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Still on

In reply to: Anynet+ stopped working

Yes. I checked that. It's still working with the HDD Recorder, which appears as an Anynet device.

Collapse -
Still on

In reply to: Still on

jw650,

The best I can offer is to check to see if a firmware update would be available. If it's not showing up in the menu, and you've scrolled down in case it's located further down the menu line, then check online in your region to see if a firmware update is available.

If not, it may require service. I've not heard of menu options disappearing before, so this has me stumped.

--HDTech

Collapse -
No firmware

In reply to: Still on

There's nothing listed on the UK support site.

I don't think it's a menu option that's disappeared as such. When the TV scans for Anynet devices, it only sees "HDD Recorder" where it used to see that and "Receiver". The Anynet/HDMI-CEC control link seems to be missing on that device.

If there's no way to reset the device, then I'll have to take it back to the shop.

Collapse -
Repaired

In reply to: No firmware

Got the HT back today, with a new main board. Anynet+ functions are restored. Also, the sound delay menu function is available - it wasn't working on the old board (maybe newer firmware?)

Collapse -
Repaired

In reply to: Repaired

jw650,

It should have worked from the start. The main board may have been the problem.

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.