Samsung forum

General discussion

Anynet+ not connecting

by Michael_fr / April 21, 2009 5:12 AM PDT

I have seen this problem on a number of forums but never an answer. I have a Samsung 50 inch Plasma (PS50a756) ant the ht-tz315 home cinema also from samsung. The Anynet+ function worked like a charm for a month then suddenly went dead. I tried different cables but it didnt fix it. I tried the home cinema on a differen samsung tv and there the anynet+ worked fine leading me to believe it is a TV rather than a dvd issue.
I tried all the standard tricks, turning anynet off, then on. powering down the mains etc. problems persists. Can this have been caused by a firmware upgrade? I downgraded again by the way, no fix.

Funny thing is, the tv CAN communicate with the dvd home cinema system via HDMI, I can play movies etc. But the only (and very annoying) issue is that the Anynet+ function does not work resulting in a big hassle every time i decide to use the home cinema speakers to watch tv.

Is there any solution for this or do i need a new mainboard?
thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anynet+ not connecting
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anynet+ not connecting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Anynet+ not connecting
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 21, 2009 11:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Anynet+ not connecting

Michael_fr,

Is anynet+ turned on in both the television and the Sasmung DVD player? I'm not sure why it would have gone dead, but I'm also not sure that it's a "mainboard" issue. Did this happen after a firmware upgrade, and if so, which one?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Anynet
by Michael_fr / April 21, 2009 3:41 PM PDT

AnyNet is indeed turned ON on my Plasma. When it's turned off the option to connect via Anynet doesn't even show. I tried turning anynet off, then restart machine, then turn it back on.
My DVD player does not seem to have a ON/OFF button for Anynet (it's the ht-tz315), I assume it's just always on.

Funny thing is, the Anynet does turn on the DVD player, meaning it lights up and the mode goes to D-IN as it should, at that point it just hangs.

I'm not sure if the firmware upgrade had anything to do with it but that could be, i upgraded to version RBYDEUC-1012.2

I also just dit a system rest via the service menu. problem persists

Collapse -
problem not TV
by Michael_fr / April 21, 2009 11:33 PM PDT

after some more testing in a friends store and on 3 samsung tv's it seems the problem is NOT the tv. The anynet function did not work on their tv's also.

The hdmi function did work though, meaning I could play dvd's.
1. Is there a firmware update option for my dvd/ home cinema system?
2. Can it be the Anynet function on the home cinema was turned off? How can i turn it back on? Nothing in the menu or manual about this. Or is it a board issue?

Collapse -
My Anynet+ problems cause found
by samsuning / April 22, 2009 9:10 AM PDT
In reply to: problem not TV

I posted this in the other thread and think it will help you also;

I have Verizon Fios cable.
When I turn everything off, disconnect my fios box's HDMI then turn everything back on, The Anynet+ will work with my blu ray player.

Apparently the HD DVR cable box is causing some sort of interference with the anynet+ technology.

Samsung person any ideas?

- Person above I'm sure if you also disconnect your HD cable box and then try out the anynet+ it will work. Let me know your results.

Now that we know where the problem stems what can we do?

Collapse -
nope
by Michael_fr / April 23, 2009 6:15 AM PDT

nope, doesnt do it for me. i really think its the latest firmware, where can i download the old firmware?

Collapse -
nope
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 23, 2009 7:14 PM PDT
In reply to: nope

Michael_fr,

Unfortunately, there is no prior version of the firmware available for download. Am I reading this correctly that this issue didn't have an issue until the firmware update was applied?

--HDTech

Collapse -
firmware
by Michael_fr / April 23, 2009 10:54 PM PDT
In reply to: nope

I am not 100% sure of this as I upgraded firmware, then left on vacation and afterwards it didn't work. Samsung have tested the Anynet+ function and it does work on other tv's. Weird. A technician is coming to have a look at my TV next week, in the worst case he will change the mainboard. Curious what will happen. I will keep you posted.

Collapse -
firmware
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 28, 2009 4:57 PM PDT
In reply to: firmware

Michael_fr,

Please do. I'm curious as well.

--HDTech

Collapse -
My Anynet + FIOS stopped working also
by sfitch / May 7, 2009 4:15 AM PDT
In reply to: firmware

I would like to know the answer also. I have a 67 DLP we purchased last June. We also have a Samsung 1600 BD player. It worked great until about 3 weeks ago. The picture quality went down, but both Verizon and Best Buy assured me it was a normal looking picture. Then I noticed the Anynet feature had stopped working. The Best Buy guy came out again and was told by a Samsung rep to unplug the FIOS Box. Sure enough, the Anynet started working again with the BD player. Picture quality still isn't what it was, but at least that's working. Any ideas? Both are through a 1.3 HDMI cable. Thanks!

Collapse -
would like answer also please
by chazann / May 22, 2009 10:00 PM PDT

I too am experiencing this issue between Fios and Ssamsung. Bought new ( coming up on a month ) 750 series 52" lcd and bd player worked like a charm until Fios connection two weeks ago. everything is set correct for bd player and tv. TV sees the bd player but function will not work. continues to say not connected. Have the proper hdmi cords (1.3)thank you for help.

Collapse -
Having the same problem with Verizon Fios
by NaNaNaNaNo / May 31, 2009 12:22 AM PDT

I have a Samsung 52B750 LCD TV connected to a Samsung BD-P3600 blueray player and my Verizon Fios cable box with HDMI 2.0 cables (don't have a receiver yet). Both the TV and blueray player are set to enable AnyNet+. The TV can see the blueray player, but can't connect to it via AnyNet+. When I put in a blueray disk, the TV doesn't automatically change to this input connection (however the picture and sound are good). When I turn off either the blueray player or the TV, the other one does not automatically turn off as it should.

I haven't tried unplugging the cable box, but there wouldn't be any point since I only have 2 input sources. It would be nice if things just worked.

Collapse -
Solution
by Michael_fr / May 31, 2009 3:43 AM PDT

I just got the problem fixed after almost a month. A Samsung technician came round and noticed the EDID function in the firmware was giving an error for the hdmi sound. He had to manually override it. The problem was indeed a result of a faulty firmware upgrade. Perhaps the reason for this is that my TV in Belgium is actually a model from France and I downloaded the firmware for Belgium.

At any rate, if the problem persists, Samsung technicians will via the specialized back-end menus be able to fix it. Resetting the tv will not do it. The tech also advised to remove HDMI cables when doing a firmware upgrade.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.