Question

Anybody know??

Would u be able to upgrade from Gingerbread to Honeycomb seemlessly or will u have to give up your first born along with your soul?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Anybody know??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Anybody know??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Need more information

Until you specify what type of phone/device you are using, nobody can offer any useful advice.

- Collapse -
Thank you...

I see I left out a most important detail. The type of device. How about something like a Samsung Galaxy Tab? Can it be done?

- Collapse -
Answer
The answer is clear.

If the maker of your device offers a "seemless" (I would have used "seamless") method then your question would be answered.

But look at your post. How could you expect a good answer?
Bob

- Collapse -
Well...

I was making reference to a device such as a Samsung Galaxy Tab running on the Android 2.2 OS.And when you work 15hr shifts 7 days in a row to make ends meet, and have a 1 year old that you barely get to enjoy because of your work schedule and that you want to spend time with because being a parent is the greatest joy in the world, lets see if you spelling is top notch. By the way, I would use seamless also...Bob.

- Collapse -
Samsung Tab.

I have Gingerbread (GB for short) on my Nook Color and Froyo on something. As you read others that jumped to GB ASAP they are complaining about this or that. Here the first version did have 2 issues but it was fun to see what was going on or what the changes are.

Having both has me write "don't hurry" to GB. Let the maker do their work and do a good job. I didn't find anything compelling in the changes. Nice, but nothing I can write about to explain why folk are in a hurry to GB devices.

But there were very good reasons to move to 2.2
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Yup

I agree with BoB and birdmantd. To add, you have never needed to "give up your first born and soul" for any other android update, you may have or are still waiting, but that happens.

- Collapse -
usage...

I was speaking in metaphoric terms. In other words would I have to buy a new tablet or would there be an easy transition into an new OS?

CNET Forums