HolidayBuyer's Guide

Laptops forum

General discussion

Anybody Have Any Experiance with AMD Turion MK-36

by StargateFan / February 15, 2007 12:33 PM PST

Hey guys, just trying to get a feel for the processor. From a tech spec standpoint the processor looks pretty decent. I just want some feedback from users with experiance with this processor. The stress on the processor would be pretty decent. Meaning how does it handle games? Does it have a fast response time? etc? Thanks to all.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anybody Have Any Experiance with AMD Turion MK-36
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anybody Have Any Experiance with AMD Turion MK-36
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You'll be better with Intel CPU's

The MK-36 is a single-core CPU, while the big majority of laptops are sold with an Intel Core Duo/Core 2 Duo/TUrion X2 CPU's, dual-core processors.

You'll be more up-to-date with a dual-core CPU, since Core Duo laptops can be find at the same price than laptops equiped with single-core CPU's.

Collapse -
Neighbor has a Compaq v2570 with that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 16, 2007 6:03 AM PST

It works just fine. But it won't be a gamer's delight. I think you'll see this in the bargain racks with Core 2 Duo machines spotted for not much more.

Bob

Collapse -
Right
by StargateFan / February 16, 2007 7:43 AM PST

I agree with both you and Ghost, and I appreciate our help. I realized from the beginning that it would be unavoidable for me not to go with a dual core. I was just penny pinching, trying to get a feel for the processing capabilities. But like I said I knew I had to go with an X2. Thanks

Collapse -
LOL
by *Beba* / February 16, 2007 9:18 AM PST

Intel Core 2 Duo Is what you should choose if your buying a pc Happy

Collapse -
mk 36
by mshutt1 / February 16, 2007 11:20 AM PST
In reply to: LOL

I got acer 5100 a couple weeks ago, and it had a mk-36. I got it because i just do everyday computing, not many games. Its fine for what i use it for, but whenever i stream video, it seams really weak. The playback gets all jumpy and so does the audio. I would have done core duo, but i figured ill get a killer machine next year, because by thn 8 core chips will be commin.So i wouldnt reccomend it for you.

Collapse -
8 Cores
by StargateFan / February 16, 2007 12:11 PM PST
In reply to: mk 36

Wow, that's sweet isn't it? But I don't feel that quad cores are not fully into the mainstream market, expecially in the notebook market. So I doubt that by next year 8 core chips will be making it into laptops. But it will be awesome when they do. However AMD is currently working on a secret project (most likely a processor) which is poised to blow Intel out of the water. I can't wait until the announcement of this product I am dying to see what they are cooking up.

Collapse -
RE
by StargateFan / February 16, 2007 11:54 AM PST
In reply to: LOL

Yeah I know right now Intel Core Duo is on top of the processor market. But I have faith in AMD and prefer to stay with AMD. Old habbits die hard. Although I fully believe that AMD will make a come back sometime soon, if need be I would change my view towards Intel, if they didn't. But in the past I have always preferred AMD.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.