Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

anybody

by andrew burston / July 1, 2004 1:21 AM PDT

anbody know how to uninstall wildtanget i think its the cuse of memory problems on my computer and lots of parasites on my system it installed to play a game theres no unistall thing on the start menu its not even on the start menu its only in the control panel and its not in ad or remove programs

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: anybody
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: anybody
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: anybody
by Donna Buenaventura / July 1, 2004 1:28 AM PDT
In reply to: anybody
Collapse -
by Berfert / July 1, 2004 5:53 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: anybody

I had this same thing on my computer 2-3 months ago. Following the Pest partol steps cured the problem.

Collapse -
by andrew burston / July 1, 2004 6:24 AM PDT

thank you so much but it says its on add or remove programs but its not only thing is its on the control panel and its probaly got loads of dll somewhere

Collapse -
by fortuna / July 1, 2004 6:45 AM PDT

I have it in my Control Panel too. Adaware *may* have deleted the actual program, but the icon is still there...
So Andrew, you aren't the only one..

Collapse -
by andrew burston / July 1, 2004 6:54 AM PDT

it must still be active somehow cause if you click on it it opens up and allows you to change things and i dident get back all that memory i lost and when i run adware i still get wildtanget coming up and theres lots of strange .exe files in my drive but i dont know which ones i need and which ones i dont also i have not removed the dll files cause that website does not make any sense i kno quite a lot about computers but not that kind of help so any one got any more help cause i strated with 300gb and used a bitof that i think it was some where about 99gb left and wildtanget just installing it to 700mb and then to 40omb im know left with 160mb something like that

Collapse -
by Marianna Schmudlach / July 1, 2004 7:39 AM PDT

WildTangent manual removal:
Delete registry values:
Browse to the key:
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run'
Delete the value 'wcmdmgr'

Delete directories:
\wt

http://www.2-spyware.com/parasite-wildtangent.html

Before you go into the registry - BACKUP !!!

Collapse -
by andrew burston / July 1, 2004 8:03 AM PDT

thanks know the best programs to remove spy ware and parasites and maybe a virus scanner just incase but ill need free programs

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!