Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

ANY ONE HELP!!!!!!!! MY BURNer REturnes blank disk

by r_dinakar_35 / August 20, 2005 7:25 PM PDT

hello
any one help me
my burner is returning a blank disk (cd r or cdrw) i tried it many times with many cds but the problem persists i used nero express6 and a i also used windows xp inbuilt software but in both e the occasion s i it says burning complete and ejects a blank disk , i used verify data option on nero express and it showed data verificaton failed it said Cannot mount written disk
i even changed the the data bus of the drive but still the problem perists i enabled dma for that drive but still the problem persists > i have samsung cd-r/rw sw248b model drive >that drive can read the data nicely
Iam unable to decide if it is sotware or hardware problem What can i do PLEASE HELP i tried decresing the writing speed also but to no avail.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ANY ONE HELP!!!!!!!! MY BURNer REturnes blank disk
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ANY ONE HELP!!!!!!!! MY BURNer REturnes blank disk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
2 things.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 20, 2005 10:16 PM PDT

In Nero, double check that you don't have the "TEST" writing checkbox checked.

Then swap the drive out, uninstall Nero, install what came with the new drive and see if that fixes it.

Bob

Collapse -
ANY ONE HELP!!!!!!!! MY BURNer REturnes blank disk
by Themisive / August 21, 2005 1:10 AM PDT

Another thing to be considered, do you buy your disks as a pack say 10, 25, 50 or 100? If so, you could be looking at a faulty disk, try one from somwhere else in the stack, if that fails, get on to the people you purchased it from and explain the problem, I had exactly that problem a couple of years ago. It wasn't my burner, and it wasn't Nero, it was a batch of faulty disks. The company exchanged them and now alls well.

Collapse -
This is a known issue with XP and Nero 6
by chuckieu / August 21, 2005 5:56 AM PDT

The latest Nero Update-6.6.0.16-addressed these issues.
I was able to fix the problem earlier using multiple patches, etc. After wiping the disc, fresh-installing XP
Home, I installed the Nero OEM (6.3.17), then only the
latest update. Now this is the Nero I have been using for years. No problems with DVDShrink either. chuck
P.S.> I installed only the burning rom and vision express, both on the OEM and Update, none of the other garbage.

Collapse -
CD Brand problem
by ramusson / August 22, 2005 1:37 AM PDT

I agree with Themisive. My DVD burner does not work with a particular brand of CD's. Same observation as in the first post.

Try a different brand.

Collapse -
Maybe, probably not
by chuckieu / August 22, 2005 6:07 AM PDT
In reply to: CD Brand problem

I see that opinion on the web that using any brand of disc except Verbatim will cause a bad burn. In most cases this is not true. I used the same brands for years with absolutely no bad discs. Then went through stacks of coasters after loading XP. That is the only thing that changed. Went through all the steps at problem fixes from every source, including checking Verbatim. Finally got everything ironed out using various patches. Finally went back to square one and reinstalled everything including the major update from Nero. I.E: NERO was aware of the issues, was aware they were the result of XP compatibility, and fixed them. Now my burner works as it should, including using disc brands not labeled Verbatim. Nothing against it, but it is not the only decent brand made, and not using it is NOT the reason Nero wasn't working well in XP. chuck

Collapse -
burner returns blanks
by cnetho / August 22, 2005 1:25 PM PDT

check to make sure first the burners ribbons and power cables are tight. make sure your burner is named in the burner window and not the virtual burner. if these are boith ok go to driverguide.com and find new drivers for your burner. goodluck!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.