General discussion

Any mention of Mitsubishi's Next-Gen Laser HDTV at CES 2007?

Does anyone know if Mitsubishi was talking about there next-gen Laser DLP technology at CES 2007? I read several articles, including an article by David Katzmaier (CNET), that Mitsubishi would likely show-off a pre-production version of this technology at CES.

I am very interested in knowing more about this technology and more specific, when will it be available to consumers.

Here is the link to David Katzmaier's article:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7-6482184.html

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Any mention of Mitsubishi's Next-Gen Laser HDTV at CES 2007?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Any mention of Mitsubishi's Next-Gen Laser HDTV at CES 2007?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
JUST SAW IT

Picture quality is great brightness is fine the same as a d.l.p. with the lamp. stew

- Collapse -
Saw it at CES?

Hi Stew,

Great! I have a few questions:

Did you see it at CES?

Was it a pre-production unit or just a prototype?

What size screen was it and how deep was the overall cabinet?

I read that the bezel on these sets would be very, very small. Did you take notice if that was the case?

Thanks
Joe

- Collapse -
HI JOE SAW IT AT A BIG BOX STORE

I was just crusing thru the store but did not really check it out. just looked at the label on front. I own a 72" d.l.p. set with lamp ha ha and the picture looked about the same as my t.v. In closing when I bought my Toshiba it was state of the art one year ago now its labeled as junk with the fans, wheels and lamp. but so far looking at all the new technology I cant see any improvement in picture quality, But prices are at a point even homeless folks can afford one. and the funny part now people want and crave the cheapest crap on the market.WEhy buy offbrand junk when for a few bucks more you can buy top brand hi-quality t.v.s I saw the walmart specials and almost went blind ha ha steweee

- Collapse -
I think we are talking about different HDTV's

I was referring to the new Laser-Based DLP technology that is not yet available to the public. If you click on the link to David Katzmaier's article above you can read about the technology.

So I'm not sure what HDTV you saw at the Big Box store but it must be something else.

Mitsubishi is talking like they are close to releasing a Laser-Based DLP set by the end of this year but there is nothing official that I can find on the web.

If anyone else has new information to add to this thread, please do so.

- Collapse -
well

if by lasers, u mean LED, then samsung has had a led rear projection tv out for quite a few months now.

picture quality not as great as hyped up to be.....or at least that is what i have heard.

- Collapse -
No, I am not referring to LED based DLP's

David Katzmaier wrote an article about Laser based HDTV's last April:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4531-10921_7-6482184.html

This technology would replace the mercury lamp and use 3 seperate lasers to produce light for the DLP chip.

This was all the talk in the spring of 2006.

CNET Forums

Forum Info