Laptops forum

General discussion

Any good reason why this Acer hasn't been reviewed on Cnet?

by dineshmanickam / May 3, 2006 12:20 AM PDT

Acer Aspire AS5672WLMi

This laptop goes for 1089.00 on new egg.
Its 15.4", Core Duo (1.66), 1gig of ram, 128 mb of ram for its built in Ati x1400 card, 100gig harddrive, and a DvD burner.

Then again, I haven't seen many Acers reviewed on this site. With how good Cnet normally posts scores for Dell, I'm beginning to wonder if they are just business partners. There isn't a single laptop maker that can come close to this pricepoint with these specs. I have done a little bit of research on the company and overall people seem very satisfied with their products.

What gives? Or is the product just too new to recieve a review?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any good reason why this Acer hasn't been reviewed on Cnet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any good reason why this Acer hasn't been reviewed on Cnet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) have you noticed how much advertizing Dell and HP do on Cnet
by togus / May 3, 2006 12:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
If CNet is like PCWorld...

...I used to have a buddy who worked there...then they review what they get from the OEMs, if it fits into their editorial calendar. At PCWorld, when you got a product reviewed, and it made the top 10, it stayed on it until it got knocked off. Not sure if it still works that way.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.