Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Any features other than internet printing client?

I am having trouble printing.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any features other than internet printing client?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any features other than internet printing client?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thanks for sharing

In reply to: Any features other than internet printing client?

Thanks for sharing about your problems printing. If you'd like some assistance with that, we'll need a bit more to go on. Remember not to assume that everyone here is intimately familiar with your system's specifications, your previous issues, or anything else, nor can you assume that people are going to take the time to review your posting history to try and pick these things up.

So, if you want help with something, make sure that every time you start a new topic like this, you include EVERYTHING we might need to resolve the issue. Things like operating system, printer make and model in this case, and what you have done so far to try and resolve the issue on your own. If there's some detail about your past issues that seems even remotely relevant, post it. It's easier to just ignore extraneous information than it is to ask someone to provide more details.

So, given all that... Is there anything else you would like to share regarding your printing problems, or did you just want to announce to the world that you were having printing problems?

Collapse -
no specifications are required to answer this question.

In reply to: Thanks for sharing

All i asked is are there any windows features (found in the uninstall part of the control panel.) i asked for nothing else, please dont waste your time and mine giving extra details.

Collapse -
Features for what?

In reply to: no specifications are required to answer this question.

Features for what? Actually, you know what, never mind. I've lost interest.

Collapse -
well apparently you havent

In reply to: Features for what?

or you wouldnt have posted. and the question was very elementary.

Collapse -
I agree with Jimmy...

In reply to: Any features other than internet printing client?

Q: "Any features other than internet printing client?"
A: Yes. They're listed in Control Panel->Programs->Windows Features.

C: "I am having trouble printing."
R: That's not good.

I get the feeling you're looking for more than that, but you haven't connected the subject with the body of your post, provided any details, or asked any more in-depth questions. Thus, I hope that answers your question.

John

Collapse -
no the answer is this

In reply to: I agree with Jimmy...

******** it you click on windows control panel, then you CLICK on Uninstall, then you click on WINDOWS FEATURES then you click on print and i have the first one checked (all of this i have stated) is there any other thing i need in there checked. I said this in my first post and no you obviously did not answer the question i stated and only repeated what he just said but i dont give a **** anymore i put the printer on another computer.

Collapse -
But that's NOT what you asked...

In reply to: no the answer is this

You asked: "Any features other than internet printing client?"
Answer: Yes, there are "features other than internet printing client?"

In your previous posts you never stated anything about enabling printing features, only if other features exist. Those are entirely different questions. We answered the one you actually asked, not the one you meant to ask.

Also, as Jimmy and I both stated, more information is needed to assist in resolving the problem. The Windows Features are, in most cases, entirely optional. If you're having printing problems, 99% of the time it is unrelated to the Print Services listed there. However, since you refused to provide additional information and insisted that that's where the problem lies we are unable to help you resolve the issue.

John

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.