Cameras forum

General discussion

any digital camera with voice recording?

by haigui / February 12, 2006 4:38 PM PST

Is there any digital camera that has voice recording mode? Now most cameras have the movie mode, which will record both video and audio in mpeg-4 format. I want to also have the option to record voice/audio only, so that it can hold very long audio.
Any pointer is appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: any digital camera with voice recording?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: any digital camera with voice recording?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Digital Camera
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / February 13, 2006 8:56 AM PST

I don't know of any camera with the features you mentioned.

Collapse -
Digital Cameras with Voice Recording
by fredericksphoto / February 13, 2006 12:17 PM PST

If you like the Idea of a Voice recording mode check out the Ricoh cameras, They have a switch on the back to go from Camera, Video, or to Vioce record. The R1 is now at a great price too. Only $ 249.95 CDN plus it has a 4.8 x optical zoom (28mm-135mm in 35mm equivalent)

Hope this helps

Tim
info@fredericksphoto.com

Collapse -
This model not on Ricoh web site?
by haigui / February 20, 2006 11:41 AM PST

Thanks for the pointer. That's the only dc I am able to find with voice recording feature. But Ricoh dc is not as popular as other brands, it seems, because it's not easy to find on many shopping web sites...
I'm still searching and thanks again for sharing this information.

Collapse -
how long is long?
by rgfitz / February 22, 2006 9:33 AM PST

My handy-dandy Minolta Dimage X20 has a Voice Memo mode.

"Voice memo allows an audio track up to fifteen seconds to be recorded with a still image..."

Collapse -
HP Photosmart 945
by Alan Copeland / February 22, 2006 10:04 AM PST

When you take a picture you can hold the shutter button down and record up to 60 seconds of audio per picture. It also has a video mode with sound. They are discontinued by HP and I couldn't find anyone still selling them, but they may be available on eBay, or you might call HP Shopping.

Collapse -
voice recording
by oldlady2 / February 24, 2006 9:57 PM PST

I have an old Kodak DC 265 which has voice recording, but it is intended for memo only so I assume that would not be considered long. It also does short video clips. BTW would love to sell this "antique." Anyone interested can contact me . Still takes great digital pictures and have printed acceptable 5x7s and a few 8x10s from it.

Collapse -
Canon PowerShot A610 / A620
by a1681 / February 25, 2006 2:59 AM PST
In reply to: voice recording

Both of these units have the capability of attaching sound memos up to 60 seconds to an image during single or index playback mode. The sound data is saved in WAVE format.

Collapse -
ANY DIGITAL CAMERA WITH VOICE RECORDING?
by perigeo / January 26, 2011 11:06 PM PST

All CASIO digital cameras, at least until 2008 models, are fitted with voice recording option (recording time depending on memory card size). On direct experience basis I can confirm it for the following models:

- Exilim - EX-Z40
- Exilim - EX-Z750
- Exilim - EX-Z850
- Exilim - EX-Z80A

Anyhow I'd like to know which other digital cameras currently available on the market, if any, have this option.

Sergio / Italy

Collapse -
Exilim seems to be discontinuing the AUDIO recordings
by Hansoes / May 7, 2013 1:46 PM PDT

I have been intently following for years the Exilim cameras I have loved as easy to use, can take qquick shots, but mostof all in the same batch, has great AUDIO recording that is pretty good quality. As a musician and at concerts (where audience needs to be silent), I could take many pics, then take some recordings, etc.

But it seems that many of their newer models have discontinued having this function! I was very attracted to the newer high speed ones (though very pricey), but some people have said that it does not have the function anymore, at least written in any manuals.

Could you use some helpful listings of good cameras with the good quality recording also (audio only).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.