Storage forum

General discussion

Any body know about Eprom has 2 pins only

by longlt / July 21, 2005 7:04 PM PDT

Dear all,
I have problem with small Eprom, that can read and write the data, but it has only 2 pins. Cause the name and mark was earase, so I could not know what is it to find.
It has three pins look like transitor, but using only two pins.
So any body know well about that Eprom can show me where can find it?
Thank so much for instruction.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any body know about Eprom has 2 pins only
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any body know about Eprom has 2 pins only
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not much to go on...
by Willy / July 21, 2005 9:03 PM PDT

Your best bet is the maker's manual for technical repairs, shecmatics and such. Since, you didn't mention even the product, well alot is not known. I can only assume the eprom is special or rated for certain usage and pins are cut or made w/o them in order to fulfill its mission. BUT, it maybe a generic(you find one, then clip pins) eprom done in this matter only because the OEM wants it that way. -----Willy

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2005 9:34 PM PDT
Collapse -
Please show me where can buy the equipment to read and write
by longlt / July 22, 2005 11:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Read...

Dear Bob,
Thank you so much for showing, Can you tell me where can get Read And Write Equipment for this Eprom?
Yours truly,
Le Long

Collapse -
Get the developer's kit at Maxim.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 22, 2005 10:18 PM PDT
Collapse -
Anybody know about Eprom with two pins...
by Keldawwg / July 22, 2005 12:54 AM PDT

I read this, and I suspect you are talking about the clear Eprom header that a lot of motherboards have. It is a three pin connector with a jumper that you pull from the one side and put across the other side to clear the EEPROM(To reset the bios EEPROM back to the factory defaults)

I may be off base about this, but from your post I am guessing that you are not talking about a special EEPROM like the one wire EEPROM...

If I am wrong, then never mind...

If you are trying to clear your BIOS Eprom, then you need to look in the motherboard manual, or just look at the motherboard and find the 3 pin header with Erase marked next to the pin that is not jumpered.

Collapse -
Yes, I think it is one wire Eprom
by longlt / July 22, 2005 11:38 AM PDT

I think it is one wire Eprom, if you know about it, please show me the equipment that can read and write this.
Thank you so much.
Le Long

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?