Laptops forum

General discussion

Any bad experiences with Fujitsu?

by epviews / June 22, 2005 4:30 AM PDT

It sounds like getting a system without major problems is a bit of a crap-shoot, regardless of whom you buy from.I hadn't heard of Fujitsu before looking at this forum, but I've been considering themn based on some glowing reviews here. Are there few complaints because their products are great, or simply because there are so few customers to complain?

I googled them and found that:
''Fujitsu Siemens is recalling quarter of a million notebook batteries which might just burst into flames. The recall, sorry ''proactive exchange program'', concerns Amilo notebook computers with a battery model number ending G1L1. There are problems with batteries on Amilo O, A and Pro machines.''

The information on their website seemed sketchy on the warranty/service plan details. Anyone have experience with the customer support/service?

Any comments on the keyboard? I think a reviewer mentioned they were flimsy and rattled.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any bad experiences with Fujitsu?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any bad experiences with Fujitsu?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
no probs here
by samdan35 / June 22, 2005 2:11 PM PDT

i have a fujitsu lifebook s6231 and i was always a dell user. i'll never go back if the last 3 months continues. this is the best performance and setup i found in a notebook. the keyboard is full sized for a legit 4.5 lb laptop, crystal full 13.3 screen and 4.5 hr battery life. i've called once with a question and got no wait and it answered well. the keyboard is not as sturdy as desktops as i expected. i'd go with fujitsu over dell, sony, toshiba, and ibm for sure.

good luck.

Collapse -
Fujitsu Siemens lifebook
by FL1P3K / August 6, 2005 1:18 AM PDT
In reply to: no probs here

Got a fujitsu siemens lifebook for three yers now. battery dried up on me on the first year i got it. Still works though. I use it as my third laptop now.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) not that i know of
by saurabhs / August 6, 2005 3:03 PM PDT
Collapse -
by ikenfixit / August 7, 2005 11:12 PM PDT

Just to let you know? Weve NEVER had a Fuji in here for a repair in the last 2 years.. Either theyre not a highly manufactured item or? They run run run.. Look on E-bay and see where the laptop parts are highest.. Supply and demand is what its called. Comkraps and Dells are the most predominant for parts.

Collapse -
Fujitsu notebooks (US)/Fujitsu Siemanns (Europe) not same
by KenSanramon / August 8, 2005 6:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Repair's...

Go back and do a search on these message boards (in early 2005 or mid 2004).

Japanese built (most other brands now in China) Fujitsu notebooks have an excellent reliability reputation. The drawbacks are that they have limited retail distribution at least in the US (Fry's Electronics stocks them in the west) and they can be priced a bit higher for the specifications and some only have integrated video not dedicated (but the Crystal View LCD's are very nice and comparable to Sony Xbrite, Toshiba Trubrite, HP/Compaq Briteview, etc).

However, Fujitsu Siemanns notebooks (Amelio, etc), etc sold in Europe are NOT the Japanese built Fujitsus so don't make the mistake of comparing Fujitsu Japan quality to these.

There have been tons of problems I have read about these Fujitsu-Siemanns notebooks and I feel fortunate they do not appear to be sold in the United States. Note that Siemanns products seem to be made a lot by other companies (consumner products at least) and then they slap the Siemanns name on it (a German company that makes some good high tech products but not consumer notebooks). Bosch is making Siemanns dishwashers and Bosch has a great performance reputation but a lousy reliability reputation.

Look at Fujitsus made in Japan but avoid Fujitsu Siemanns notebooks...........

Collapse -
Fujitsu Siemens
by FL1P3K / August 8, 2005 11:28 AM PDT

yeah in either way i wouldnt spend any of my hard earned euros for another fujitsu siemens no matter how attractive they can get....

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?