Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Any advice on using Microsoft Office Live?

I am trying to set a website to promote my budding private swim lessons business. I've decided to go with Microsoft Office Live as a web host. As far as a free web host, I've heard some pretty good reviews of their service.

As I am new to this, I was just wondering if any more seasoned web page owners had any advice for me. This could be anything from webware to aid in the design of the site to ways to advertise my site. I would appreciate any advice I could get.

As a freelancer, I am not in a position to pay for any of these services, so please limit any recommendations of services to those that do not charge.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Any advice on using Microsoft Office Live?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Any advice on using Microsoft Office Live?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Advice

In reply to: Any advice on using Microsoft Office Live?

Setup the website nice and organized so that all the questions one might have about this can be answered (and quickly found). Then I would target local swim organizations (via their website, phone or physically stopping by), handing out business cards and little brochures (with the website address) for more details. Make sure that information and price is consistent.

The website can give his business a positive effect. The reason I suggested to target local organizations and perhaps the neighborhood, is because some businesses may have stand-alone website to sell and market their products, but since swim lessons are a service that can't be provided online, someone from another state for example wouldn't be able to take advantage of that. So spending lots of money and time on advertising on the internet to promote the website, may not be as effective as advertising to the people locally, and use the website as an added information tool and resource.

So, in short, spend time on the actual content for the website and picking a suiting template, using the tools office live provides, and perhaps advertise on local swim organization websites while also promoting the service in person. Word of mouth is something you want, once the ball gets rolling, business will start coming.

I hope this is somewhat helpful, if you were looking for other advice, or have specific questions, let me know.

~Sovereign

Collapse -
Thanks!

In reply to: Advice

Thanks for the info. Great idea about posting on other local swim websites. I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks again!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.