Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

antivirus2008y troubles

by loopyacer / December 1, 2008 3:45 PM PST

I stupidly bought into the scare tactics, and purchased antivirus 2008 back in June, along with an "Alpha Wiper," to the tune of about $100. Fortunately I was also protected by Norton (why I thought I needed additional protection, God only knows... but those pop-ups are SCARY!). Anyway, Norton blocked the downloads and saved my computer (I think) but not my money. The question now is this: I just received an email from antivirus2008y.com, stating that they never received payment for their corrupt software. They said they would contact "the police and the courts" (in broken English), that I had committed "fraud and theft," and they would take the steps necessary to collect their money if I don't sign a form stating that I purchased the junk (including a receipt of purchase... bank statement, etc.). They included no mailing address or phone number, only an email. They requested that I scan and email the form and proof of payment. I have my credit card statement showing payment, but I don't know if I should send it. Is this another scam? Why am I nervous? Please advise ASAP, as they are giving me 3 days before they alert "the police."?! Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: antivirus2008y troubles
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: antivirus2008y troubles
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) My advice: just ignore it.
by Kees Bakker / December 1, 2008 4:50 PM PST
Collapse -
Yep, Ignore It.. You Already Have Proof Of Payment
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / December 1, 2008 11:19 PM PST

Proof of payment is all you need and since the overall routine is a scam, they won't proceed beyond the bluffing..

First, their sending of the police on a small debt won't occur.. Although it's still not a great alternative, if a legitimate company wants to collect a debt, they use a collection agency or attorney. And generally, on such small amounts, collection agencies won't do anything beyond sending you a letter.

Obviously, it is a good idea to keep the proof of purchase but at this point, I would print out a copy of the email message, attach it to the credit card receipt, and keep them both in a safe place.. I would also save the email message for further reference should you ever need it.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
I PAYED AND ADDED ONE YEAR TO MY SUBSCRIPTION!?
by lavrex23 / December 16, 2008 5:20 PM PST

REGISTRY MECHANIC FIRE WALL AND ANTI VIRUS SENT ME THE SAME NOTICE AND FIRST I REPLIED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS WHICH IS UNDELIVERABLE. HMMM,INTERESTING! anyway I emailed their technical support including a copy to myself of the confirmation emails when purchasing the subscriptions. I wonder if I will get an answer. I think Ill start my own website and call it identity theft research.com. Anyway when the police come Im going to tell them they have the wrong address!
John

Collapse -
Many have received the same email..
by Carol~ Moderator / December 2, 2008 9:24 AM PST

You are not alone. They are the one's committing fraud and theft, not you. I can understand your concern, but I'm of the opinion, the very last people they will be alerting is the police.

Read the below:

7 people (so far) reported receiving the same email, within the past 10 hours, at the below site. No doubt more will follow.

"Antivirus2008y.com Complaints - Counterfeit software"
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/antivirus2008ycom-c132126.html

And 3 more recipient's here:

"Report: Sincerely.antivirus2008y.com Site Administration"
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/396/RipOff0396849.htm

And here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183401&view=findpost&p=1027202

Had I spent more time on it, I'm sure I could have cited more. Personally, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Carol

Collapse -
Thanks...
by loopyacer / December 2, 2008 4:04 PM PST

I appreciate all of your replies. Sad that these creeps have scammed so many people. On we go... a little wiser next time I hope.

Collapse -
Re:Thanks...
by Carol~ Moderator / December 3, 2008 9:21 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks...
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?