Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Help forum

General discussion

"antisoft" antivirus has scewed up my whole pc

by royo3688 / March 2, 2010 7:41 PM PST

I logged on earlier today and a message popped up from antisoft antivirus it says that im in major threat i dont even use antisoft i have avg but when i tried to open avg to run a scan to see if i really did have a infection antisoft wouldnt let me open avg nor would it let me open my documents and finished downloads so i cant even download a new antiV or get into control panel to get rid of this antisoft

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "antisoft" antivirus has scewed up my whole pc
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "antisoft" antivirus has scewed up my whole pc
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: antisoft
by Kees Bakker / March 2, 2010 7:58 PM PST
Collapse -
forgot to mention
by royo3688 / March 2, 2010 8:06 PM PST
In reply to: Re: antisoft

that im running on xp. and I would restore my whole pc if i had a disk drive but im only running on a netbook . i was going to try with a usb

Collapse -
Re: netbook and system recovery
by Kees Bakker / March 2, 2010 8:12 PM PST
In reply to: forgot to mention

The two options to do a system recovery on a netbook:
1. From a recovery partition (for example, via ctrl-f11 on my Dell netbook)
2. Via an external CD-/DVD-drive (if that's supported in the BIOS)
Reinstalling XP from USB isn't supported at all.

Kees

Collapse -
tried
by royo3688 / March 2, 2010 9:02 PM PST

well i tried all those through command promp but notta .

Collapse -
Antisoft
by Phil Crase / March 2, 2010 11:40 PM PST
In reply to: tried

From a CLEAN computer download Malwarebytes (do the upgrade for MWB on the clean system) send it to a flash drive, start the infected system in SAFE MODE, take MWB to file or desktop, run it. See if that will get rid of the issue, I have done a few that way with good results. It is definitely worth a try, if that does the job get a good AV software loaded to the system. Kaspersky makes one for netbooks/systems with no drive, it comes on a flash drive.

Collapse -
Those 2 from my post ...
by Kees Bakker / March 3, 2010 2:05 AM PST
In reply to: tried

that you answered don't work from the command prompt, indeed. Only from booting.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!