Phones forum

General discussion

Another Terrible ExoticPhone.com Experience

by Finch80 / December 10, 2007 5:38 AM PST

Hello all-

Admittedly, I registered today to give a review on exoticphone.com. I should have looked up the company before I bought from them, and that was my mistake. I recently purchased a Motorola A1200 from the company, and it was shipped to me in a timely manner. However, when I opened the package the phone looked like it was used. The inside of the box that the phone came in was scratched and dented. The seal over the flip cover had a bunch of bubbles in it as if it was hastily put back on. Also, the metal around the phone was slightly scratched up. The worst thing about my purchase was that the screen had several small black dots that looked to be from water damage. I powered the phone on to take a better look at the screen and found white, bleached out spots where the black spots were. Additionally, I noticed that the menu had a couple icons with Chinese characters. I didn't open any of the applications though. I immediately powered the phone back off and called exoticphone.com. I was met with two very rude customer service reps. One rep. even told me to "call back in 10 minutes" because he was tired of dealing with me. The third and last rep. was actually very nice and told me that I would get a full refund. All in all, I was extremely disappointed by my experience with this company. I shipped the phone back within an hour after receiving it and will not be doing business with exoticphone.com in the future.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Another Terrible ExoticPhone.com Experience
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Another Terrible ExoticPhone.com Experience
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?