Phones forum

General discussion

another T-moblie victim

by lori2 / October 24, 2005 1:20 PM PDT

I signed up with T Moblie in the Sacramento area with a private reseller (big mistake #1) in July 2005. I also got a line for my husband at the same time. I travel alot and unfortunatly was too busy to keep track of my rebates that were denied for no reason I am aware of. I purchased the 7100 blackberry phone for myself and a side kick for my husband. He didn't like the phone and we exchanged it for another blackberry. That was the only easy thing we experienced.
I thought he was incapable of operating the phone at first it seemed impossible for us to have such differing service.. I was in Sacramento and while there was often static I was able to get my email and make calls most of the time. He however was constantly unable to make calls from our home in Carlsbad CA. I was told when I bought the phones that the coverage while not excellent was good. For the 4 months we had the service we were in contact with customer service about 5 or 6 times. They sent out another phone for him but the problems still persisted. It happened not only in Carlsbad but in the Pomona area as well.
On my second or third attempt to resolve the problem I was told that they never activated the Blackberry network on my husbands phone and he was still on the sidekick system. They then told me they would switch it and this should resolve the problem. No improvement in service was made. As we opted for good phones and plans it is not a question of money it is a question of having the phones work where the agent said they would. I figure that this adventure will cost my company about $1100.00 for four months of service and phones that didn't work. This does not include the $400.00 I will have to pay to get out of a contract that quite frankly I don't feel was fullfilled on the part of T mobile.It also caused alot of problems for my business as well as with my poor husband who felt he was in the Twilight Zone because my phone worked more often than his.
In the interest of having phones that actually receive calls we have since switched to Verison with great results.
Do yourselves a big favor and use any other provider for your phone service than T Mobile. They have inexperienced service reps and terrible coverage in many areas within California.
All in all it was a very frustrating and costly mistake.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: another T-moblie victim
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: another T-moblie victim
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tmobile Service Coverage
by electricblue27 / October 25, 2005 12:48 AM PDT

I am familiar with Tmobile and their Customer Service. They do rate their reps on quality by listening to their calls. However, this does not resolve customer issues such as coverage which is a huge issue for Tmobile nor Handset or PDA issues. While the Reps can file service issues, they have limitied ability to resolve these if no issues found is reported back. Also their abililty is limited in regard to poor phones. I have a tmobile account and while I like their plans I have had a service issue which never got resolved because the techs reported back no problem found. Also, it is getting harder to get billing issues corrected. I know they had plans to do major expansions on their coverage. I wonder what happened with that. And now when I call Customer Care, all I get is that ' we are sorry for the inconvenience. You get tired of hearing that, it resolves nothing. I myself had to get a Cingular phone since they did not resolve the service issue where I was located for work. Unfortunately, this was the only way I could get coverage there. When I first arrived it was great and after about a week or so...it went away. I know that all the Carriers have their issues- Cingular is their billing issues and how so many continually go over their minutes and have huge bills. For Tmobile have you tried writing to their Customer Relations Department? This may help. You can also fax them as well. You can get the address or fax on their website or call Customer Care for the info.

Collapse -
T-Mobile resolved my problem fast!
by cassy05 / October 29, 2005 11:43 PM PDT

I recently had 2 bogus (fraud) lines added to my cell phone. I called T-Mobile about midnight (soon as I opened the bill) and one line was deleted immediately, the other line was removed the next day. I did not have to pay for either of these fraud lines and the problem was easily resolved. Sometimes you have to make sure you're talking to the right person.

Collapse -
Rebates
by wcfolife80 / October 25, 2005 4:15 AM PDT

well i you aren't grown up enough to properly fill out all your rebates and keep track of them why is it the company's fault and not yours

ignorance is not an excuse by either party.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.