Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Another one for Lee Koo please.

by Judesman / April 4, 2009 8:14 PM PDT

I no longer receive my weekly emails with the topic of the week. Why? This is a pity as there was a query coming up that I was looking forward to reading about. Is there anyway that I can access past emails please?

Also I recently posted on a forum and when I was advised by email that there was a new posting I clicked on the link but the page could not be found. Do you have any thoughts on this please?

Judesman.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Another one for Lee Koo please.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Another one for Lee Koo please.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I can perhaps answer the 2nd point.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 5, 2009 4:22 AM PDT

But will leave the first to Lee.

We Moderators watch for new posts and will remove any that fall foul of Forum Policy. If that is what happened, you will still receive an email notification if you are tracking the thread, but the post will have gone.

We usually leave a note, but persistent offenders do not get such guidance from us. If we do leave a note, it will be in general terms. For example, if the post is rude we will say so, but not repeat the language, or if the post includes advertising we will just mention the problem but not what has been advertised.

I hope that explains the 2nd point.

Mark

Collapse -
And to answer the first point...
by John.Wilkinson / April 5, 2009 8:01 AM PDT

Lee has been busy attending to managing various top-priority projects Cnet is currently working on, so he has not been writing the weekly newsletter on a weekly basis. (The last publication was March 20th.) However, at the bottom of the forum landing you will find this link, which provides links to online versions of all past newsletters, just in case you miss an email.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
John and Mark, thanks for your reply. I don't...
by Judesman / April 5, 2009 9:51 PM PDT

...think I have ever been rude to anyone in a post however I see that my original question in the "Comuter Forum"- "Record of Google searches vanished" is still there on page 5 but has not been answered.

Thanks for the link to the archive. In fact I now see that I am up to date.

Many thanks.

Judesman.

Collapse -
Got it.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 6, 2009 2:53 AM PDT

Hi Judesman.

Your post is this one here.

I did see it, but I didn't have any idea myself as I don't use Google toolbars, and so I don't know what settings there might be that would cause this.

I have 'bumped' the thread back up to the top of the first page. Hopefully it will get looked at by someone with some ideas.

Just to be clear here. We're not saying you were rude. But sometimes there are 'replies' to posts that contravene forum policy, and it is those we remove.

Good luck.

Mark

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks for that.
by Judesman / April 6, 2009 3:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Got it.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!