Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Another example of Dems' "War on Women"

by TONI H / November 7, 2014 2:10 AM PST
Discussion is locked
Collapse -
I read it but don't understand it
by Diana Forum moderator / November 7, 2014 6:14 AM PST

Is she in a runoff in a primary or is Cassidy? It almost sounds like they are in a runoff against each other.

I never did understand LA politics (does anyone?) but don't really understand why there is going to be an election in December.

Collapse -
Their primary
by TONI H / November 7, 2014 6:46 AM PST

has an open ballot where anybody can have their name on it (this year there were nine with two main contenders....her and Cassidy). The requirement is that the winner has to get a minimum of 50%. With that many names on the ballot, those two only got 42% and 41% I think so those two are in another runoff that will happen Dec. 6.

Collapse -
That is weird
by Diana Forum moderator / November 7, 2014 7:24 AM PST
In reply to: Their primary

If they got the top two spots and they are in different parties, why is there a runoff? The one with the most votes wins the seat or do they now go through a regular election?

Collapse -
Because they have an open
by TONI H / November 7, 2014 6:49 PM PST
In reply to: That is weird

election where anybody can put their names into that hat called a ballot, the winner has to get at least 50% to win; otherwise the two top winners have a runoff a month later.

Collapse -
(NT) What if the top two are both in the same party?
by Diana Forum moderator / November 8, 2014 12:28 AM PST
Collapse -
I imagine one would drop out
by TONI H / November 8, 2014 12:52 AM PST

but I believe the way it works there is the separate parties have one in each as the winners of the run off.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!