HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Another city in Iraq liberated!

by W2X3XP / November 15, 2004 5:48 AM PST

Only a few more to go. Are we almost done?

Fallujans sought food and water at mosques in the northwestern sector of city, military officials said Monday, while U.S. and Iraqi forces patrolled the streets for any remaining insurgents.

Although the International Red Cross and the Red Crescent have sent food and other aid to Falluja via convoy, the supplies have been blocked from entering the city, a Red Cross spokesman said.

The spokesman said a relief convoy trying to enter Falluja on Monday had been turned back by Iraqi authorities or U.S. Marines, The Associated Press reported.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/15/iraq.main/index.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Another city in Iraq liberated!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Another city in Iraq liberated!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A side story at the bottom
by TONI H / November 15, 2004 5:56 AM PST

of that link indicates that the two women relatives of Alawi have been released although the 75-year old uncle is still being held.

That's partial good news........thanks as I hadn't even heard a hint of this recently.

TONI

Collapse -
Re: A side story at the bottom
by W2X3XP / November 15, 2004 6:03 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: Another city in Iraq liberated!
by Dan McC / November 15, 2004 6:46 AM PST

Let's hope we do a damn sight better at securing it than has been our policy to date. That would be real progress.

Dan

Collapse -
Re: Another city in Iraq liberated!
by W2X3XP / November 15, 2004 12:37 PM PST

Are you kidding, we can't secure our own country!

U.S. borders porous: mag

Despite the constant threat of terrorists invading the homeland, 4,000 undocumented immigrants simply walk across borders daily, a Time magazine investigation has found.

"Every day we deal with this," Jim Elkins, chief of police in the Arizona border town of Bisbee, told Time. "People don't feel safe. ... They come across in droves."

The numbers represent the largest wave of illegal immigrants since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, and triple the number of immigrants who arrive here legally every year.

While the majority of illegal immigrants are from Mexico, a growing number are pouring in via Mexico from other countries, including Afghanistan, Egypt and even Iran and Iraq, Time reports.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/231670p-198803c.html

Collapse -
Oh, well.
by Dan McC / November 17, 2004 2:34 AM PST

I'm already hearing reports that guerrillas are moving back into the city.

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) they can move back in and die
by Mark5019 / November 17, 2004 2:59 AM PST
In reply to: Oh, well.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yes, but that's not really secured, is it?
by Dan McC / November 17, 2004 3:31 AM PST
Collapse -
no need to secure just kill them faster.
by Mark5019 / November 17, 2004 4:31 AM PST

i have no problem with a dead insurgant do you?

Collapse -
I have a big problem with a city left unsecured.
by Dan McC / November 17, 2004 4:45 AM PST

That's part of how we got into the mess we're in.

Dan

Collapse -
Re: I have a big problem with a city left unsecured.
by Mark5019 / November 17, 2004 5:13 AM PST

dan not every square inch can be covered we will keep what is needed the few that get in will have a servere case of lead posining

Collapse -
As long as we keep them to a reasonable number.
by Dan McC / November 17, 2004 5:20 AM PST

I agree we can't keep them all out, but we let things go to far in this city before.

Dan

Collapse -
Re: As long as we keep them to a reasonable number.
by Mark5019 / November 17, 2004 5:57 AM PST

we did that because we were told to by the iraqi leaders wont happen again

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.