Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Another attack? and an odd thought here

by Steven Haninger / September 12, 2012 7:51 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Another attack? and an odd thought here
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Another attack? and an odd thought here
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A real conspiracy theory ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 12, 2012 8:01 PM PDT

would be that it was produced by the CIA or Israel or a secret military group to provoke these attacks and justify more military action against terrorism. Or even by the Obama campaign. Obama now has 2 months to show that defending the USA is in good hands if he is re-elected.

But, indeed, something fishy.

Kees

Collapse -
It does make you wonder
by Roger NC / September 12, 2012 11:12 PM PDT

but I also see the possibility that someone realized this video, which has supposely been on the web for some time, would be a good public image trigger in Muslim communities for attacks. And the timing to allow those attacks to be on 9-11 would be very appealing to the violence embracing bands that hate the US.

Combining violence with an attempt to justify it, nothing new there is there.

Collapse -
I have also been long been suspicious that some political
by Steven Haninger / September 12, 2012 11:19 PM PDT

smear tactics against a person or party are inside jobs. What a clever way to get someone else to do your work while you watch from a distance and out of the way of harm.

Collapse -
Here's a CNN article about the mystery
by Josh K / September 12, 2012 11:50 PM PDT
Collapse -
While that possibility can't be totally discounted
by Roger NC / September 13, 2012 1:23 AM PDT

at times, not what I meant.

I was referring to those that already were looking for ways to "celebrate" 9-11 with new attacks of any kind on the US.

This video would give them an tool to whip up more involvement by some that can be manipulated into participating in the mob action to cover up an assault planned by a smaller contingency within the mob. And it could be used to help get some that wouldn't plan violence to actually participate once it started from within a mob.

For whatever reason humans unfortunately are suspectible to mob psychology. People do things as part of a crowd, be it protesters, sprort fans, people afraid, etc., that they would never initiate on their own.

Collapse -
Obama caught flat footed on 9-11
by James Denison / September 13, 2012 2:37 AM PDT
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/12/Al-Qaeda-Catches-Obama-White-House-Flat-Footed-During-Egypt-Libya-Attacks

"Islamic mobs that stormed the U.S. Embassy in Egypt and the U.S. consulate in Libya on the eleventh anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, murdering the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, said they were doing so because they were enraged by an obscure, Internet movie that mocked Muhammed.

But a closer examination of the evidence indicates al-Qaeda orchestrated these attacks, and the movie was just a bogus excuse used to trigger the widespread violence. Even worse, it seems al-Qaeda telegraphed these attacks, and the Obama administration still got caught flat-footed, unaware of the terror group's strength in the region, missing key signals and clues that were out in the open.

One day before September 11, al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahri posted a 42-minute video on Jihadist forums urging Libyans to attack Americans to avenge the death of Abu Yahya al-Libi, the terror organization's second-in-command, whom U.S. drones killed in June of 2012 in Pakistan.

In the video, al-Zawahri said al-Libi's "blood is calling, urging and inciting you to fight and kill the Crusaders," leading up to a date heralded and celebrated by radical Islamists.

Another version of the video was actually posted on YouTube on September 9 and yet, President Barack Obama, who has not attended an intelligence briefing since September 5, and his administration did not beef up security at the embassy and consulate on September 11. (lots more on page at link, including Obama's Call the Pimp DJ that day)
Collapse -
Wow
by Josh K / September 13, 2012 3:09 AM PDT

I bet the American actors who worked on that film had no idea they were working for Al Qaeda.

Those Breitbart people are imaginative; I'll give them that.

Collapse -
(NT) You said it!
by James Denison / September 13, 2012 6:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Wow
Collapse -
12 minutes in hell
by James Denison / September 13, 2012 12:35 AM PDT
Collapse -
I saw it. Ridiculous
by James Denison / September 13, 2012 1:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
Most films promoting bigotry are stupid
by Josh K / September 13, 2012 1:26 AM PDT
In reply to: I saw it. Ridiculous

I might make a partial exception for "Birth of a Nation," because of it's significance in cinematic terms, but otherwise, they're all stupid in premise if not in execution. That doesn't make them any less offensive.

Collapse -
Poor attempt at anything I'd agree
by Roger NC / September 13, 2012 1:43 AM PDT
In reply to: I saw it. Ridiculous

but it definately would be offensive to a faithful Mulsim too.

Justifies nothing, no more than any other religious justified pogrom.

Hopefully it was a very bad attempt at parody, not a deliberate over the top expression of the writer/maker actual opinion.

There are those that basically hold such opinions, I've heard near such directly in the real world, and you can find such all over the web.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?