Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Annette update

by Paul C / September 1, 2008 10:53 AM PDT

For those who don't know: Annette is my 25 year-young daughter. About 18 months ago, she was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, an autoimmune condition that causes ulceration and damage to the intestines.

1. The Crohn's is well controlled with the medication (Remicade) that she's been on. She has an occasional flareup - usually when she forgets that there are some foods that she loves that, alas, no longer love her. Devil

2. And while I'm on the subject of love: A couple of months ago, Nathan, the great young man whom Annette's been dating for the last 2 years or so, came to see the Lady Samia and I and did something that I thought was no longer done; namely, ask us for our approval for him to propose to Annette - a request that was immediately and enthusiastically granted.

So, about three weeks ago, Nathan took Annette to Oregon where his family lives, and there on the beach at sundown, proposed. Annette accepted, and they will be married in Sept 2009. Nathan is, as I said, a great guy and will make a wonderful husband for Annette. He works at an insurance company in Anderson, IN as the company's IT guy and Webmaster (Yes, that's right - Paul gets free tech support for life!) Wink

Annette's planning to come down here in a couple of weeks and go bridal shopping with her mom (What will cost more - the bridal gown or the gas used to find it, I wonder. Devil )

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Annette update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Annette update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
take out a 4th mortgage
by lbjones1 / September 1, 2008 11:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Annette update

and have the best wedding ever

congrats to all

Collapse -
congrats on both counts!
by jonah jones / September 1, 2008 12:38 PM PDT

i can see it now, proud father gives a speech "Ladies and Gentlemen, i haven't lost a daughter, i have gained free IT for life"

Collapse -
Congrats and best wishes
by Kiddpeat / September 1, 2008 12:58 PM PDT

to the couple and their families.

Collapse -
Glad to hear of her continuing good health
by grimgraphix / September 1, 2008 3:38 PM PDT

... and best wishes for good nuptials and a happy life with her future husband.

Collapse -
Great News !!!!
by critic411 / September 1, 2008 9:37 PM PDT

Now, just explain the advantages of eloping to them !!!

Collapse -
by Paul C / September 2, 2008 7:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Great News !!!!

Actually, they want a small, intimate wedding - just them and, say, 200-300 of their family and friends.... Devil

Collapse -
YEP !!
by critic411 / September 2, 2008 10:21 PM PDT
In reply to: LOL!

Eloping sounding REAL good then !!

Collapse -
Traditionally, bride's dad pays for
by drpruner / September 2, 2008 8:27 PM PDT
In reply to: Great News !!!!

two bus tickets, right?

Collapse -
Great idea!
by Paul C / September 3, 2008 7:45 PM PDT

Beats paying for the gas for them to DRIVE to wherever... Devil

Collapse -
Right. Our grandparents needed only
by drpruner / September 3, 2008 8:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Great idea!

a bucket of oats.
Speaking of food, it's nice to hear about even a partial victory over Crohn's. Happy

Collapse -
What a joy to read!
by Angeline Booher / September 2, 2008 12:15 AM PDT

Your post is busting at the seams with good news!

Annette's medication regimen and attention to diet has resulted in the desired response.

She has been dating a young man for two years both you and your wife like. Following a time honored tradition he asked for her hand , and proposed to her in a romantic fashion. The future son-in-law is gainfully employed. These sort of choices are what we hope for our daughters!

(His being the IT guy is a bonus. Happy )

Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
(NT) Congrats and best wishes to all of you.
by Roger NC / September 2, 2008 12:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Great news! Happy Happy Joy Joy!
by Cindi Haynes / September 2, 2008 12:45 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?