Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Andy of Mayberry and Barney...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Andy of Mayberry and Barney...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Andy of Mayberry and Barney...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Which part of the investigation do you disagree with?

In reply to: Andy of Mayberry and Barney...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) was a screwed investigation from start

In reply to: (NT) Which part of the investigation do you disagree with?

Collapse -
OK, What would you have done differently?

In reply to: (NT) was a screwed investigation from start

What would you have done differently?

Collapse -
not let them run investigation

In reply to: OK, What would you have done differently?

id send in fbi way sooner

Collapse -
I had a hunch right away ...

In reply to: not let them run investigation

... that it was the "three" involved, not the "two" security guards. The boys should have been held for questioning and had their vehicles searched. It was known almost from the get go that these relative STRANGERS were EITHER the last or second to last people to be seen with Natalie. I'm not buying the "we let them go to see if they would mess up" act -- that seems to just be trying to save face for the screw-up of the century.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
id send in fbi way sooner

In reply to: not let them run investigation

It's not up to anybody to "send" the FBI into Aruba, it is a soverign nation.

The FBI may be invited in.

Isn't the FBI in USA a little bit touchy about other law enforcement agencies working on their cases?

Aruba is not part of the USA.

The FBI has no jurisdiction in Aruba.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) jp just think what it would be if was your child

In reply to: id send in fbi way sooner

Collapse -
I know how I'd feel if it was my child, but.....

In reply to: (NT) jp just think what it would be if was your child

...we still can't just send the FBI into another country without their consent. We can offer their services, and I bet we have, but the offer has to be accepted.

Unless you're suggesting we invade Aruba.

Devil

Collapse -
well we do whats needed to bad pc crowd

In reply to: I know how I'd feel if it was my child, but.....

would complain unless its there child

Collapse -
It has nothing to do with being PC....

In reply to: well we do whats needed to bad pc crowd

...and everything to do with having some modicum of respect for international law.

Collapse -
well you take your modicum

In reply to: It has nothing to do with being PC....

and do what ever you want

id want my child found.
im sure her mother would be pleased with your modicum of the law:(

Collapse -
They should have detained Van Sloot and the Kalpoes

and the brothers immediately and searched their cars and houses. Even if the cops bought the phoney "Security Guard" story, these three were amongst the last to see her and were IMHO very suspicious characters from the beginning.

I mean, she was riding around with them that night and the cops bought that story without scrutiny, apparently.

Collapse -
NOBODY knows what...

...they have done, are doing, or they have planned to do. So how can one know what they would have done differently? But since you ask the question, you must think there's a reasonable answer. SOOOO, if your question is not trolling and bait, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY! AND if you ignore this perfectly valid question to you put to you in a civil manner, your legitimacy and creditability on this forum will certainly come into question.

Collapse -
Response

In reply to: NOBODY knows what...

NOBODY knows what...

...they have done, are doing, or they have planned to do.

Island-wide searches -- which have included Aruban police, the FBI, Dutch Marines, a rescue group from Texas and thousands of volunteers -- have produced nothing.

But since you ask the question, you must think there's a reasonable answer.

I'm not the one that was complaining about the lack of progress in the case, it was Mark and MelH. They complained and I asked what they would do differently. I didn't say I would do anything differently.

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY!

Nothing that I can think of right now.

AND if you ignore this perfectly valid question to you put to you in a civil manner,

Using all Capital letters is considered shouting and in my opinion is not "in a civil manner"

your legitimacy and creditability on this forum will certainly come into question.

Even more than it is now?:
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is Aruba not an island? Lots of water to search. :(

Collapse -
If they disposed of the body in the ocean ...

In reply to: (NT) Is Aruba not an island? Lots of water to search. :(

there should be some evidence of them renting or borrowing or stealing a boat at some point.

Of course there was plenty of time for them to do that while the cops were concentrating on the Security Guards.

But my hunch is that she's hidden or buried on the island somewhere.

But who knows? We don't even know if she's alive or dead.

Collapse -
Island Boats.

In reply to: If they disposed of the body in the ocean ...

Do you realize how many boats are probably on that island? I'd venture a guess that EVERYONE there has easy access to a boat without rental records or anyone knowing of it. The majority of people there probably own some sort of boat. I'm originally from Florida, and do you realize how many boats are there?! Especially in the coastal regions. If they found the boat used it would almost be a fluke of luck. I'm betting there are more boats on that island than there are cars.

Collapse -
And lots of people who know boats...

In reply to: Island Boats.

I have considerable experience on Caribbean islands. People know what's going on. If someone stole or "borrowed" a boat, even a dinghy somebody would know something.

They would have to take the body to sea some distance to make sure the currents didn't bring it back to the island. Also there are undoubtedly lots of sailing and motor yachts out there. Hard not to notice something out there in the water.

Not saying it's impossible, but...

Collapse -
Small boat

In reply to: And lots of people who know boats...

It's likely if that's what happened they used a small 3-4 man boat, no running lights, and low speed to keep departure noise down. People don't pay much attention to a 16' boat or skiff with an outboard that's just puttering along. A boat like that can be lifted off at a beach and carried to the water easily. There are probably quite a few secluded places they could launch it. More likely someone drove a boat from a pier around the island to a secluded area where the body was loaded on, then took it out and dumped it with something to keep it down. In time, parts may wash up, somewhere.

Collapse -
bet shes in south america

white slavery

Collapse -
You never know....

In reply to: bet shes in south america

white slavery exists, or so I hear. But, I think those three boys know what happened to her and so does the old man.

Her parents may never know what happened to her and I certainly hope that is not the case. Sad

Collapse -
I doubt it.

If there had been a history of "disappearances" from that area I'd take that as a strong possibility, but this seems to be a unique situation.

Collapse -
White slavery

OR

Alien abduction

Collapse -
What Id like to understand is why the FBI

there if they are only watching?

Collapse -
They've no doubt had dogs...

In reply to: What Id like to understand is why the FBI

...searching that beach area to detect any body buried in the sand. The quickest way to hide a body on a beach is to dig a pit and then cover it with sand. It's also possible, although I think extremely unlikely, that the girl did remain on the beach alone and decided to take a night time swim, not thinking of sharks coming in closer to the area at night. Even if they do find her body, unless there are signs of human violence against it, all they have still is just the knowledge she was last seen with the judge's son. I think the other two are probably telling the truth now, when they claim they left him and her alone together at the beach. If the judge's son did some harm to her, then the question is how he managed to hide it. How did he get back from that beach if he left her there? The same boys come out and give him a ride back? Did he hitchhike or just walk back? Did he have a cellphone with him at the time or did the girl have a cellphone that is missing? If a cellphone was available he may have called someone to help him. Have they checked cellphone records? There's just too much that's not been released yet.

Collapse -
Yes ...

In reply to: They've no doubt had dogs...

... not enough is really known. BUT, the biggest bungle was letting the three go in the first place and arresting the other two. Not sure if it was a race thing or a class thing, but it was all the diversion needed for them to hide the body and clean up any evidence. I fear only a guilty conscience will ever give peace to Natalee's soul and her family. The Aruban justice system missed it's chances long ago.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Well the Kalpoes will be released ...

... Joran Van der Sloot to remain in custody for another sixty days.

My only hope here is that Joran's MOTHER will get her son to fess up. That's a toughy. It's unimaginable to expect a Mom to convince a son to confess, but OTOH, perhaps if she can see this through the eyes of the other Mother, she can see the truth here.

The girl didn't just disappear.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Aruba is as Aruba does...(from the inbox)

Bobby soxers were a bit before me, by a couple years. I owned both a Studebaker and a Hudson. The studebaker never ran, as it was a project car for a 13 year old who had no concept how to make it go, yet was determined until some friends wanted to go bike riding hahahaah. I never did get around to fixing that old car, but my Hudson sedan did run, I was all of 14, and I drove it through the woods, and fields, clipped a couple trees, and it bounced nicely, but I didn't much , ouch hahahahha. Sigh, a friend I let drive about 15 of us around, he forgot the emergency brake,and after a little while, it set the field on fire, from the over heated brake, it even melted the keys off the dash, oh boy I got in trouble for that.

I remember the Drapes, who were loners, much like the Fonze of Happy Days. Those manly young men who took on all comers in fights, and defended ladies rights, or some silly thing like that. They were nearly gone when I was about 12.

They came from the War era, perhaps rebels of that war, who never acclimated back into society, I really dont know much about them.

There were Pirates around Aruba in those days, as I liked to read about pirates, I read a lot. They are still there, and selling young girls of all races, and contraband to the Arabs and Chinese, and the far east. To Sail there in a private yacht, demands being armed with heavy weapons, preferably machine guns, but most assuredly at least rifles of heavy Caliber.

I dont have any info on that young lady yet, likely the news will carry more than I can get, as all sell info now. Hopefully she is alive, and they find her, ok,perhaps in back woods Vietnam or Cambodia, as if the Saudi's or other Arabs get her, they would kill her before letting her go, and hide the body to prevent diplomatic discourse.

That my love is a truth most dont want to know, sorry.

She is Christian, perhaps she is in the Sudan,they like Christian slaves there, all Christians in the Sudan are enslaved.

I added this, as part of what was around when I was young too. Americans generally, when I was young, would hang in the woods a Child molester or rapist, at least around where I grew up. An abusive man toward his wife was run out of the area, she could go if she wished with him. A child abuser got away with it only so long, and suddenly showed up in public with numerous broken bones and badges of authority called bruises, and became nice folks.

No I miss the old days, when folks took a hand in their neighborhoods, so leaving the keys in the car was possible, or the door unlocked at night, and a bad person was hunted by everyone. I grew up in Maryland , can you believe it? Yup in the Boondocks hahaahahaha. Sigh they cut all the forests down, and put in malls and condos where I grew up.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) And welcome to Speakeasy!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.