Samsung forum

Question

android Lollipop for Note Edge N915S?

hi
I have a Note Edge SM-N915S. I want a android 5.0.1 for it but there isn't any version for N915S.
can I install anouther version like N915G on it? won't it break?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: android Lollipop for Note Edge N915S?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: android Lollipop for Note Edge N915S?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) For everyone's curiosity, why do this?

In reply to: android Lollipop for Note Edge N915S?

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
you better not

you must install the correct version for your model else you could have a non working phone and possibly void the warranty.

Collapse -
I don't care

In reply to: you better not

I don't care about warranty because it didn't have warranty at all. I just wanna know installing another android 5.0.1 version like 915G on a 915S won't break it? and will it work fine?

Collapse -
When I go rogue.

In reply to: I don't care

I go to XDA Developers where all the action is for Android non-maker roms.
Bob

Collapse -
break

In reply to: When I go rogue.

I still don't get it. there is a Android 5.0 for note edge sm-n915g and not sm-n915s. can I install it on 915S? will it work fine?

Collapse -
Only Sam may know.

In reply to: break

Or folk that dared to try it. Frankly since one might brick the device or void a warranty and not be able to recover, I would not do this. I have both 4.x and 5.x Android things. I would not say there is any good reason today to want to do this. In fact, there are some real annoying things in Lollipop I haven't been able to get rid of.
Bob

Collapse -
5.0 on n915s

In reply to: Only Sam may know.

well. is there any ways that I can install android 5.0 in my Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915S?

Collapse -
Sorry if I was unclear.

In reply to: 5.0 on n915s

I'd ask Sam directly.
I'd hit the XDA Forums.
I would not be looking for 5.0 but 5.1 (many little things were fixed in the .1)

Since I don't own this model I can't test the above for you.
Bob

Collapse -
as I said

In reply to: I don't care

you MUST install the version made for your specific phone. Not all phone are made the same, in other words, will not have the same hardware - even within the same series like the edge. Install the wrong version, you will break it. You were also given a good suggestion about going to the xda forums for more info.

You cannot always do what you want.

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung ote Screen

Hi there, I have purchased Samsung Note Edge last year. It worked fine until February then it got one thin hairline vertical line in the middle of the screen, it was there for a week and disappeared. Then came and become 2 lines, after few weeks the screen had 5 lines, I was under the impression that it will be covered under warranty as HTC repaired my brother's phone when his phone screen got blacked out. In May my phone got like 50 vertical lines on the screen, reset but no use. When I went to Samsung Service center in Kukatpally, Hyderabad, India, the representative said it can't be covered under warranty as the screen is pixellated, I have sent an email to the executive team of Samsung with reference # 2135672812 , they told me over the phone that I must be dropped the phone that's why the lines came so not covered under warranty...This is my first Samsung phone and experienced this kind of an issue...Samsung is such a big company but can't correct there manufacturing defects , the works fine but only the lines making little making it look bad. one of my colleague did not buy Samsung S7 edge because he feared of experiencing the same defect...the vertical lines are pink the middle and green on the right side...I will use it and let the people see this defect from Samsung phones..

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.