HolidayBuyer's Guide

Tablets forum

Question

Android Apps for Tablets

by wolfdad94 / March 2, 2014 5:31 AM PST

Just rec'd an Asus Android Tablet as a gift. Can anyone tell me if an App marked "made for Android phones" will work on the tablet? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Android Apps for Tablets
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Android Apps for Tablets
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Should do.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / March 2, 2014 5:35 AM PST

The keyword here is ANDROID which is an OS.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
Answer
Go to the Google Play Store for apps
by wpgwpg / March 2, 2014 5:47 AM PST

They say there're over a million apps for Android there. You should be able to find whatever you're looking for there. I recently bought an Asus Google Nexus 7, and have found all the apps I need there. The address is googleplaystore.com.

Collapse -
apps
by wolfdad94 / March 2, 2014 8:46 AM PST

i understand and i am finding android apps....but like i say, some of them state they are made for android phones and i have an android tablet...i am wondering if they are safe and will work on the tablet

Collapse -
That's how the Play store works.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2014 9:11 AM PST
In reply to: apps

It presents apps that should work. Did you try?

Collapse -
apps
by wolfdad94 / March 2, 2014 11:28 AM PST

i didn't want to try till i knew it wouldn't cause any problems

Collapse -
Then it's too risky.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2014 12:35 PM PST
In reply to: apps

While how the store works to present apps that should work, that's not good enough for you.

Every once in a while you will have a client that frets a lot. That's the time to make sure your agreements about support, fees and limits on liability are all signed. Then you get them to pay the bill and smile even more.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Yes the app will run in Android
by orlbuckeye / March 12, 2014 10:20 PM PDT

its just the app is customized to run on the smaller screen and screen orientation may be off on a tablet

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.