TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

AND SO IT GOES, AND SO IT GOES...................

WHERE IT'S GOING, NOBODY KNOWS................(nick lowe)

SO LONG TO CIRCUIT CITY (as we know it.)

TWEETER'S already gone in most places.... Who's next???

River.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: AND SO IT GOES, AND SO IT GOES...................
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: AND SO IT GOES, AND SO IT GOES...................
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Maybe this will help some of the mom-n-pops(?)

In reply to: AND SO IT GOES, AND SO IT GOES...................

One can only dream, eh? Wink

Collapse -
hmm

I think Best Buy will be fine. They almost made Circuit City obsolete in the mass electronics retail market. The smaller, more expert stores will always have a following so the mom/pop type shops should be fine. Surely the Best Buy executives cracked open some champagne bottles when Circuit City went under, but this might open the opportunity for another giant to open a electronics retail chain...like say Walmart opening up a new brand of store solely to sell electronics in a sort of Sam's Club manner.

Collapse -
My quesiton about CC is...

What do I do about the extended warranty I bought in January for my TV? Should I ask for the balance of 3 years left on the warranty and go buy Sony's warranty? Will the warranty service go bye-bye too when CC finally tanks? Years ago I bought a TV at a similar outlet called Good Guys, and I bought an extended warranty then too. Funny, at the end of my 4 year warranty (long after Good Guys closed), I received a letter from GE Warranty asking if I wanted to extend the warranty. I wonder if CC will honor the extended warranties it sold?

Collapse -
FROM EVERYTHING I'VE READ, YOU'LL BE JUST FINE.............

In reply to: My quesiton about CC is...

"CC's" WARRANTIES ARE COVERED BY A 3rd PARTY COMPANY. THEY ARE NOT

A "CC" SUBSIDARY, NEITHER IS "FIRE-DOG."

FIREDOG WILL HONOR ALL CONTRACTS.

OWNER BEWARE...........THE SOURCE OF THIS INFO IS "CC" ITSELF.

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HAPPY WITH "BBY" AND CONTINUE TO SHOP THERE.

BUT WHO KNOWS, THEY MIGHT FOLD NEXT WEEK FOR ALL WE KNOW!!!

Best to all,

RIVER.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.