PC Applications forum

General discussion

Anapod Ghost

Does anyone know how to reach Anapod beyond the email on their web sites? I turned in a trouble report a week ago, and have not received a response. I've been digging trying to find a phone number or something...I even asked them to respond or refund my money and still no response from Red Chair software. I downloaded newest version of Anapod to allow me to use my ipod mini on my Windows ME computer. I've loaded Anapod and my PC is still not recognizing my device (ipod) so I can not even complete the installation process.Anyone know how to contact Red Chair software? Do they have a habit of not reading or responding to technical support emails?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Anapod Ghost
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Anapod Ghost
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Give up the ghost on Red Chair

In reply to: Anapod Ghost

RC seems to have stopped answering service requests. I sent in about a dozen to current@redchair..., orders, service, and other names I found on the web. I made offers, threatened, and finally went to Paypall and submitted a complaint. PP emailed them and gave them 10 days to respond or I get my money back. Yes!! True to form they STILL didn't respond, and I got my refund. 2 weeks later, they said 'sorry it took so long. Want to buy the upgrade?" I said no. Their activation policy stunk (we were locked out of the program), and their service was worse. I'm back to itunes until another company kicks in.

Collapse -
I agree RC going down in flames

In reply to: Give up the ghost on Red Chair

I finally got a response saying they could not find my request so I resent and after one or two very slow emails the refunded my money. Thanks for posting your experience as well. I ended up buying a new computer so I could use my ipod. In sharp contrast to RC, Dell delivered my computer before they sent me the email order confirmation! Maybe as new software is reviewed on CNET they should run a few mystery customer support tests to include as part of their overall rating.

Collapse -
Anapod help??

In reply to: I agree RC going down in flames

I have anapod also and loved it until I upgraded to my new 30g video ipod. Since I already had a 20g activated anapod would not let me automatically activate my 30g. It has a manual activation option but I need a token number or something like that. I have tried to contact Red Chair several times with no response. Anyone know how to install manually or have a # for me to use?

Thanks and *** with red chair???

Collapse -
Good Luck

In reply to: Anapod help??

I asked Red Chair for a contact number and they never responded. You have to go to their generic customer help and send an email, and then pray you hear back within the week. It will take several emails before they actually attempt to answer your question. Don't be surprised if they tell you they lost your eamil and request you resend the problem. For a company that presents itself as an innovator in software they are exceptionally ignorant in acknowledging that they have to speak with human beings in order to sell their products. I even called a bunch of metro directory assistance numbers around CA to try and find them that way. If anyone finds a working phone number, please publish it online for others to use.

Collapse -
re: good luck

In reply to: Good Luck

I have even tried acting like I was a prospective new customer with a question about activating multiple ipods. Havent heard anything! Before I bought anapod I asked a couple questions and they were answered very promptly. Something is up, they are going out of business or something shady.

Collapse -
zero service for redchair notmad explorer-beware

In reply to: Give up the ghost on Red Chair

i ordered and got the download but thats all-installer expired boxthat wont open-im up to 10 emails-no response-i emailed call for help they had rec it as good.
they have my money and no response-please tell everyone-but if someone has a thot to help please let me know

Collapse -
RedChair Customer service sucks

In reply to: Anapod Ghost

I have Anapod Universal since early days. Each time a memeber in my family gets an ipod, we go through the same BS ritual - Activate the ipod and then wait for RedChair's response email. and wait, and wait. Afer about a week or so, I send in a complant to Redchairs Customer service (bogus webemail page) and then wait, and wait. then, I get so frustrated with RedChairs lack of integrity, I unintall the app.

then I install it again on the same computer. then mysteriously, the new ipod works. Am I insane?

Collapse -
RED CHAIR SOFTWARE UNRESPONSIVE AND CUSTOMER UNFRIENDLY

In reply to: RedChair Customer service sucks

Red Chair have been claiming on their wesite that their software now works with the Creative Zen Vision: M. However, there seems to be nothing available for this once you buy the so called "Universal" software. (Duh, Universal should mean what it says, However, the "Univeral" software clearly isn't.) They have refused to respond to numerous emails and my strong recommendation is that anyone UNSATISFIED with what they bought from Red Chair take steps (if you used a credit card)to get their credit card company to revoke the charge. Perhaps, when enough of us start doing this, Red Chair might start addressing some of the thousands of complaints you can find on the web about their disdain and disrespect for their customers.
Peter Rubie

Collapse -
Red Chair Useless

In reply to: RED CHAIR SOFTWARE UNRESPONSIVE AND CUSTOMER UNFRIENDLY

Dont bother with these guys, its just a waste of time

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.