HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Analog/Digital problem

by Varkel / July 8, 2009 5:59 PM PDT

Hello...

a year ago i bought a acer pc with a new samsung Monitor, but i got a problem since the start. when i start the pc my screen will turn black and in the left upper corner ther appear a text that showing digital, analog, digital ,analog. that takes about 5 or 6 times than the screen turns black. the monitor is still on because my power indicater is going on/off/on/off.When i got the pc i managed it to get it on the digital mode and worked fine,I had to this for 2 weeks and then the problem disaperd. But now i got my old problem back but different now is that i cant get it on digital mode anymore, I tryd everything. used both cables, installed drivers and looked at my settings but the only way i can use it, is in analog mode but i cant play games on this mode.

Hope someone can help me Sad ...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Analog/Digital problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Analog/Digital problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Analog/Digital problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 9, 2009 3:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Analog/Digital problem

Varkel,

Are you hooking the monitor with the 15-Pin, or the DVI?

Also, what model is the monitor?

--HDTech

Collapse -
analog/digital
by Varkel / July 9, 2009 6:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
analog/digital
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 9, 2009 11:42 AM PDT
In reply to: analog/digital

Varkel,

Each of those inputs have a list (which can be found in the manual) of supported resolutions. Are you certain that the resolution set on the video card is supported by the cable type you're using?

Often times, some games will reset the video card's resolution settings, and the game's default video settings will be a different resolution than what the monitor is able to display. So that would be the first thing I would check.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Dialog/analog
by Varkel / July 10, 2009 5:17 AM PDT

Hello Hd-tech

okay i chekked my resolutions, when i look in my screen menu, this is shown. analog
55.8kHz 60Hz NP
1440x900
so its 1440 on my screen menu mode, than i looked in my nvidea console settings and it says its also on 1440x 900. this is the highest mode u can get from that setting. below this it says its 32Bit and 60 Hertz.

Also looked for the manual on the samsung site and i couldnt find what kind of resolution fits with this cable.

So it say's thats analog but i cant get it back to digital Sad it looks like the computer can find digital because if i plug analog cable out the computer will auto sourge (analog,digital,analog,digital 6 times) and than it says the computer couldnt find the analog cable.

hope u can help me more Happy

Collapse -
Dialog/analog
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 10, 2009 8:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Dialog/analog

Varkel,

From reviewing the manual, it seems that the DVI input is for the Mac only. Now some of the updated drivers may have changed that, but I have no way of knowing. Just to be sure, you've used the updated drivers (latest) on the website?

The resolution you noted is only listed under Mac. You might try analog with one of the supported resolutions if the drivers don't fix the issue.

--HDTech

Collapse -
analog/digital
by Varkel / July 10, 2009 9:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Dialog/analog

This shouldnt be problem because it did wel for an year on digital.
But i went back to my computer store and they saud the only thing that could be done is to change graphic card, So i went to a friend that had an grapic card for me. i build the thing in pc and its working perfect again. So i ques the 8600 Gt Nvidea grapic card has a fault in it from the beginning. What do you think should i give a call or an email to nvidea to inform the about this card becuzz it isnt working normally. Silly

well thanks for ur help
Great Job ^^

See ya

Collapse -
analog/digital
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 12, 2009 8:05 AM PDT

Varkel,

Thanks for the kind words.

You might drop them an email if you're able to pinpoint and identify the issue - it's up to you.

If we can help further, let me know.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Analong/Digital Problem
by shimmer3-23945768959089494114575996824931 / February 18, 2011 4:11 PM PST

Hello!

I have the same problem as Varkel. When I plug my Samsung 2232BW monitorinto my Samsung NC10 netbook, the digital analog flashes then the screen goes black. I had used the monitor with my netbook for a few months before this problem started. I don't know much about computers but I tried to adjust the settings on my computer to fix the problem and when I change the screen resolution, the samsung monitor flashes so I don't think it is an issue with the cable or my computer. Please help!

Collapse -
Analong/Digital Problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 24, 2011 12:51 PM PST

shimmer3,

The screen could be flashing as a result of the video card trying to make a connection with the monitor.

My initial assumption would be that is a video card settings issue, and I would definitely recommend contacting the Samsung customer service center for troubleshooting assistance. Unfortunately the interaction required to troubleshoot this would almost be prohibitive, since it would require going into various menus and getting instant feedback to figure out the next steps. If you like to trying contact the Samsung customer service center in the US, you can reach them at 800-SAMSUNG.

--HDTech

Collapse -
PS3
by shaabola2003 / May 22, 2011 4:44 AM PDT

hello guys

Collapse -
Samee problem
by FreelancerAgentTex / June 30, 2016 6:38 PM PDT

ı v read wat u said pls help ım runnin on gtx580 and ım using my old computer ı changed the graphic card for better games (it was gt9600) it worked fine for couple of days then the same thing happened sometime it goes black then back in few secs sometimes it goes black for 16 secs then says digital and normal again ım not good at knowin wat cable does wat so pls can u help me in a simple way?_?

Collapse -
Please continue at your new thread.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 30, 2016 6:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Samee problem

Locking this old thread.

Collapse -
Exact same problem!
by bashprompt / June 6, 2011 10:14 AM PDT

Running a T220 Syncmaster that was fine for years then poof, analog digital analog digital. I've eliminated the rgb cable but don't have a dvi handy. I resolved the issue by blowing the dust off my graphics card after hard powering down. So the solution for me was either hard powering down or the dusting.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.