Computer Help forum

General discussion

An Unknown Problem with IE

by darkdestiny7 / May 24, 2007 12:00 AM PDT

I've been facing some problems with my Internet Explorer browser. Sometimes when I want to close an IE browser window, pop-ups of IE windows kept appearing one by one. The problem particularly occur when I went to Windows Live Hotmail.

I have MSN and Google toolbar attached to IE, and the version is 6.

I've yet to scan my computer with PC-cillin Internet Security 2007. However, I've the feeling that this may not be the cause of malware.

Are there any suggestions on what I should do?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: An Unknown Problem with IE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: An Unknown Problem with IE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This is not unknown.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2007 12:11 AM PDT

In fact your discussion in the Security Forum also adds fuel to what I'm going to write next.

-> You appear to be using a "security suite" product and relying on only that for protection.

You also have long discussions in which you find Zone Alarm to be new and interesting. Let's skip to some solutions?

1. No spyware (ever!)

Scan and eject all that is found with this online scanner -> http://www.ewido.net/en/onlinescan/

2. Stop using Internet Explorer all the time.

Why? http://secunia.com/product/11/ and other secunia advisories show that it's not the safest to use.

I see Seamonkey to have the lowest bug count according to them.

Bob

Collapse -
Perhaps upgrade to IE7?
by darkdestiny7 / May 24, 2007 1:12 AM PDT
In reply to: This is not unknown.

I don't think my computer can really make do without IE, as Windows Live Hotmail needs it. Also, an E-learning website that is provided for the course I'm currently studying in needs IE too.

Maybe... an upgrade to version 7 will at least solve the problem. Never had the pop-up problem when I use IE 7.

Collapse -
So don't use it
by jackson dougless / May 24, 2007 2:49 AM PDT

Gmail is now open to the public, you get like 2.8GB of storage space, and they might still be increasing that. Gmail has a nice simple interface, and doesn't attempt to mimic the Outlook interface on the web by using lots of graphics and other garbage that takes for ever to download.

Gmail can be used with pretty much any browser that supports tables. It's best with a browser that supports all the nifty AJAX stuff, but it's not required.

There's also Yahoo web mail if you don't mind your messages being flanked with banner ads on every side. It also works with virtually any browser.

You just need to migrate your email to one of the new systems, and forget about Hotmail. I only have a Hotmail account to use for signing up to sites like Cnet that bombard you with their 1001 pointless and useless newsletters and messages from their sponsors.

Main thing is... If a site doesn't work with anything but IE, you should find a site that offers the same information/service that DOES work with non-IE browsers. If that is the one and only source on the whole of the Internet, then you just learn to do without.

Collapse -
Can't "Don't use it"
by darkdestiny7 / May 24, 2007 9:49 AM PDT
In reply to: So don't use it

"If a site doesn't work with anything but IE, you should find a site that offers the same information/service that DOES work with non-IE browsers. If that is the one and only source on the whole of the Internet, then you just learn to do without."

I understand what you mean here. But the problem is, I need IE to retrieve any notes that lecturers in school had uploaded. That site itself only supported from IE v5.5 and above. Moreover, I tried with Firefox tosign in in that site, but in a few moments nothing happens. Not even a refresh can bring up the menu containing all of the subjects I'm studying.

Collapse -
So complain... Loudly
by jackson dougless / May 24, 2007 9:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Can't "Don't use it"

Complain to all your professors about it, complain to the campus IT people about it... There's likely to be groups of Mac and Linux users around campus who will likely be willing to join any campaign to make the system browser agnostic.

Part of your tuition goes to fund that system, so you have every right to be able to use it with whatever browser you like. You just have to complain loudly enough and long enough for someone to decide that it's less of a pain to do something about it then listen to you complain.

Collapse -
It'll probably take...
by darkdestiny7 / May 24, 2007 10:01 AM PDT
In reply to: So complain... Loudly

A couple of months to fix the E-learning site such that it can be visited using Firefox browsers or others.

Collapse -
Here's what I do for that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2007 10:16 AM PDT
In reply to: It'll probably take...

Since the elearning site might be "safe" I could go there with IE and be safer by using "almost anything else" the rest of the time.

You didn't reply what the Ewido scan found so I take it that you are not happy about looking for the pests.

Bob

Collapse -
Never said Ewido found nothing!
by darkdestiny7 / May 24, 2007 12:01 PM PDT

Perhaps I forgot to say it in my other thread. Anyway, what the online scanner found was 2 tracking cookies, including one called com.com.

And solved my problem with a support call to the company which I bought my laptop from, IBM. The one that had been causing the problem is com.com! Even used HouseCall but found nothing after that.

In any case, everything's fine after removing that tracking cookie. Which comes back to an old question:

Why does tracking cookies cause problems sometimes even when it's not a spyware?

Collapse -
Sorry, I don't use IE.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2007 9:54 PM PDT

Except for that rare site that needed.

Since I never have this issue and can solve it, why can't you?

Bob

Collapse -
And as for the internet security suite...
by darkdestiny7 / May 24, 2007 1:23 AM PDT
In reply to: This is not unknown.

... I don't really rely on it much. Safe surfing is mainly the user's responsibility, while security softwares are there to help get rid of the pesky malwares that invaded the computer. I have a friend whose brother can fish out any malwares when she noticed there's something wrong.

Anyway, the problem usually occurred after I closed the IE browser window used to view my account in Windows Live Hotmail. No problems though in other computers using IE6 (the computer I'm using now has only Yahoo and Google toolbars attached.

Collapse -
"Safe surfing is mainly the user's responsibility"Then no IE
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2007 3:05 AM PDT

I supplied a link about IE, you are having issues with IE and now you write this.

What it usually takes for most to learn to stop using this browser is to have a total meltdown. The following is written with much emphasis. Any one that want to surf safely would not use IE.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?