Samsung forum

General discussion

amsung TV - Constant Rebooting/Restarting

Hi

Exact model is UE40C600, approx 2 years old.

Just tonight, it re-booted, then again, and again....

I tried removing LAN as I heard it could be an issue, also the remote (remove batteries) and the damn thing keeps re-booting after after 5-7 seconds. It plays a re-boot chime then again and again...

Issue is I cant seem to get TV to remain on long enough to try system re-set in menu, as it re-boots.

I really cant afford a new TV and being a 50/50 dad with kids I am a bit at a loss

Any help truly appreciated

Rich

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: amsung TV - Constant Rebooting/Restarting
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: amsung TV - Constant Rebooting/Restarting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try unplugging tv

In reply to: amsung TV - Constant Rebooting/Restarting

I have a similar problem with a new f6400 series.
If I unplug the tv for a bit then plug back in it seems to clear problem.

Collapse -
Tv restarting

In reply to: Try unplugging tv

Hey I had the same problem TV restarting often especially if you try to use the apps, mostly random restarts. I own a F6300 model. I took the panel off on the back unplug the long cable left to right connecting the two circuit board and unplug the L shape ribbon between the left board and bottom board. I reconnected the wires and it has not restarted since then. Its been a week. Its use to restart everyday! Not sure it will work for you but its worth a shot for only 15minutes of work and its free. Good luck. The reason why I did that because in other forums the service man only replace the cords to fix the restarting issue.

I know this post is old but if someone can see this in google search like I did hopefully it can help someone.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung TV - Constant Rebooting/Restarting

In reply to: amsung TV - Constant Rebooting/Restarting

Collapse -
Similar problem with plasma

In reply to: Re: Samsung TV - Constant Rebooting/Restarting

For the last month or so my two and a half year old drop dead gorgeous awesome picture 64in plasma has been up to similar shenanigans.
PN64E550D1FXZA. For about the first 30 or 45 min of usage it will turn itself off and right back on (takes about 10 seconds) once every 10 min or so. It seems to finally settle in after that. The power supply died and was replaced along with the motherboard under warrantee at about one year in. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but the wifi connectivity has been intermittent lately as well. Everything else in the house but the tv runs my wifi clean and strong. A local company came out and did the warrantee repair before. I would use them again if I could come up with who they were. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.