Now you know why I stick with Apple, Google and the makers you see in reviews at CNET.
Buying a tablet from AMERICANPUMPKINS was one of the biggest mistakes of the last years in terms of online buying.
1. I ordered a tablet on 28 nov 2014 for $189.99
2. the same day I received notification that my order would ship 1 dec 2014.
3. On dec 2, I received an email that my order is being worked on and can be in this status for hours or a few days.
4. Dec 16 I send an email inquiring about the order, why it has not yet shipped. I received a reply (fairly lame and in my opinion a lie):
"Sorry about the delay in getting this out. This item was on back-order and then we had to wait to apply new security updates for KitKat that were released last week from Google." The item was shipped the same day.
5. It was received in my forwarding PO box in Miami and then forwarded my the shipping company to Costa Rica, where I received it on on dec 22 and for which I paid $40 in shipping and duties.
6. After charging it, the tablet did not work. The tactile function of the screen did not work. THe company advised me to reset, but after 3 resets the problem remained. The screen was obviously not working.
7. The product came without the bluetooth earpiece as advertised.
8. on dec 30, the company replied they would ship a tablet with similar specs that same week.
9. The replacement tablet was shipped on Jan 08, 2015
10. It was received in my forwarding PO box in Miami and then forwarded my the shipping company to Costa Rica, where I received it on on jan 20 and for which I paid another $40 in shipping and duties.
11. The received tablet was not the same as the first one.
The screen worked, but I found out that the sd-card slot was damaged. Somebody had put the card holder not inside the slot but above it, and in doing so squashed the slot to the point it can no longer be used. The card holder was inside the tablet.
What happened is that I put a sd-card in the slot, but I didn't feel any resistance or a click as you would with a normal slot. Instead the card just slided into the tablet. I could not even get it out. The tablet swallowed the card. I didn't want the card to cause damage inside, so I had to unscrew the cover, lift it up a bit and keep the tablet vertical. My card fell out. TO my surprise I heard something else rattling inside. I lifted the lit again and another card fell out. Well it was the card slot holder. So that's when I understood that it was not that I was using the wrong size or type of card, the slot was damaged.
After about 50 days I have received 2 damaged tablets for which I paid a total of $269.
Besides the fact that I have only received broken equipment, I strongly recommend not to use AMERICANPUMPKINS:
- late shipments
- incomplete orders
- broken equipment
They said they were going to send a 3rd which I never received. I ended up wasting $269, with one tablet in the garbage and one sold for $50.