TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

American Audio, Numark, Behringer vs. Sennheiser

by otonvm / December 3, 2008 10:50 PM PST

I hope this is the right forum for this.

I'm looking for some good/cheap headphones. I listen to either trance/techno or classical music or watch movies so a nice freq response would be great.

I stumbled by accident into the American Audio HP 700 DJ headphones which look great on paper (I have no way of trying them out first) but the emphasize is put on monitoring more than sound quality per se.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

I've also been looking into Numark PHX and Behringer HPS5000 headphones and I haven't been able to find any reviews online.

Otherwise I'm a Sennheiser fan and I'll probably get one of those in the same price range (60eu that is).

Tnx!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: American Audio, Numark, Behringer vs. Sennheiser
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: American Audio, Numark, Behringer vs. Sennheiser
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It is SOOO important to get out & try some brands.
by NM_Bill / December 5, 2008 6:05 AM PST

Specs on paper are only worth the value of a scrap of paper. You MUST do comparative listening. And besides sound quality, as one who years ago had to wear headphones or hours a day, you must do some extended listening to determine how well you can cope with any particular headphones over time. There always is a head exhaustion factor of discomfort over time. A poor choice will drive you to distraction.

Collapse -
Yes
by otonvm / December 5, 2008 7:00 PM PST

Believe me, I know... But here are no big stores with many choices. In a store you may be able to find two Philips models and a Sony for 20eu. People just don't care.
It's better in Italy but there you cannot try any headphones since it's prohibited by law.

Luckily I can find almost anything on the net and order there but first I must get as many opinions as possible from people using this stuff.

Now I'm looking into an AKG K81 model.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?