Question

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G integrated graphics

I just bought a desktop without a dedicated graphics card under the assumption that the integrated graphics on the Ryzen 3 2200G would be enough. However, it seems that the supposed integrated Radeon RX Vega 8 is not being used, as it doesn't show up under display adapters in the device manager. How do I enable it or is my only choice to install a dedicated graphics card?

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G integrated graphics
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G integrated graphics
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
You must be using it

If you don't have a gpu.

Right click a blank area of the desktop and select screen res>advanced.
What does it show?

- Collapse -
there is no screen res

only
view
sort by
refresh
new
display settings
personalize

- Collapse -
(NT) Try display settings
- Collapse -
did you ever figure this issue out?

I am also facing this issue. I cannot get a driver of any type and all windows 10 will run is Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Which does me absolutely no good.

- Collapse -
Has anyone figured this out yet?

I'm here with the same trouble

- Collapse -
Let's clear up a few misconceptions.

Unless there is some other graphics, you are using the 2400G's graphics.

BUT if the builder didn't update the BIOS for the motherboard and follow the STRICT install routine documented by the motherboard maker, you won't see the AMD graphics in device manager.

-> Again, I'm seeing a lot of new builders that don't know how to finish their W10 install. I do not know your exact post Windows install instructions. I do know the basics but if you only see the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter then the builder and installer didn't complete the work before and after the Windows OS install.

- Collapse -
Assuming
- Collapse -
Answer
solution for this issue

i had the same issue and i was trying for days but there is an update its 700ish mb i which i couldnt install i asked help from windows support and someone controlled my pc and when he installed the update the vega 8 driver appeared then i installed the specific driver for my 2200g which failed before the windows update and it worked just as it should so to conclude just make sure that you've installed all windows updates. excuse me for my english.

- Collapse -
Answer
ryzen 3 2200g ?

olá, comprei um Ryzen 3, mas baixei point blank pra testar e ele fica travando, ai baixei angeulzmux, e ele continuou travando, o que eu faço?

- Collapse -
Translation.

"I bought a Ryzen 3, but I downloaded point blank to test and it keeps crashing, then I downloaded angeulzmux, and it kept crashing, what I do"?

It's new, use your warranty to get support. That said, the usual is the new builders (people) I run into don't know how to install Windows. Well, they install Windows but never knew what a mess of work it is to finish with drivers and apps required for a good working Windows PC.

I can't give any step by step since every machine I run into differs. But I continue to use the following as my guide. Update BIOS, blank the drives, install Windows, get the drivers in for motherboard, audio, video, networking and then the rest of the system. Finally if some apps are required to enable or control devices we install those.

- Collapse -
Answer
*** It Helped Me ***

**** It Helped Me ****

HISTORY :-

I had build my rig over ( Ryzen 2200G , asus B350 m-k ) and Installed all Drivers properly , except VEGA 8 Graphics Driver..

Tried many forums but no Solutions found.

Contacted Ryzen Team , then one solution found

SOLUTION :

update your bios first

Its all windows 10 version problem...
You have to Update it to lattest version , i was having Windows 10 1038 build , that does not support new Ryzen VEGA graphics , so update Windows 10 to lattest build...

Then install VEGA 8 and YOHOO !

Problem SOLVED

CNET Forums