Question

AMD Radeon HD 6480G vs Intel® HD Graphics Sandy Bridge

Hi,

I'm buying my 10 year old son a laptop for his birthday. He plays a game called Minecraft, I've noticed on an older laptop we have it can't handle Minecraft and it's really laggy. Could someone tell me which of these two is better for gaming?

AMD Radeon HD 6480G

vs

Intel® HD Graphics Sandy Bridge

Thanks for your help,
M

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: AMD Radeon HD 6480G vs Intel® HD Graphics Sandy Bridge
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AMD Radeon HD 6480G vs Intel® HD Graphics Sandy Bridge
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I'd research it like this.

On google type in the following.

notebookcheck 6480G
notebookcheck Intel HD sandy bridge

Now even in sandy bridge there may be varients like 4000, 4500 or such so if you can determine which one it is, then you can improve your research. For most of the GPU research, all but the bottom of line GPUs with dedicated RAM wins this round.
Bob

- Collapse -
Models

Hi Bob,

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it. I'm a little confused on how to determine the differences, I don't see these things listed under the descriptions. I'm going to give you the laptop names. Is there any way you can look them up and tell me which one is a better choice?

HP Pavilion g6-1d80nr 15.6-Inch Laptop

vs

Dell Inspiron i15N-1910BK 15-Inch Laptop

Thank you so much for your help,
M

- Collapse -
Sorry

But you only noted chips so I thought I'd share how I find pages with benchmarks to compare. Now that you have those model numbers you can try google again with this models and see if notebookcheck has a review with benchmarks.

I left the research up to you since you would need to do this as you look at other models.
Bob

CNET Forums