Question

AMD Processor GPU with Nvidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

Jan 6, 2017 4:01AM PST

AMD Processor GPU with Nvidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 will run perfectly together ?

My AMD Processor GPU : AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: AMD Processor GPU with Nvidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: AMD Processor GPU with Nvidia Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: graphics
Jan 6, 2017 4:45AM PST

You can only run one graphic processor. So if you want to use the Nvidia card, you need to disable the GPU part of that AMD A8.

- Collapse -
graphics
Jan 6, 2017 4:53AM PST

How is that possible?

- Collapse -
Varies with the motherboard.
Jan 6, 2017 8:18AM PST

But I've only seen that setup a few dozen times. About all I even did was plug the monitor into the new video card and install drivers for the new GPU.

So far, I never bothered to disable the onboard video.

As to PERFECTLY, we are talking about Windows PCs. Perfection? Nope. Always something.

CNET Forums

Forum Info