1) Download and install HandBrake
(or whatever DVD ripper you want to use).
2) Put the finalized disc in the drawer loading drive of you computer.
3) Launch HandBrake. Follow the prompts - but ultimately, you want to rip all the video you want from each of the three discs. The file format you want should be that which your video editor can deal with. WMV/AVI for Windows or Vista; MOV for Macintosh.
4) When the conversion is complete, quit the DVD ripper.
5) Launch your video editor (MovieMaker in Windows/Vista; iMovie in MacOSX).
6) Drag the converted video files to the
Collections area for MovieMaker;
Log & Capture or Clips pane for iMovie.
or in either case to the timeline for editing.
7) Delete the files you don't want; add some transitions and titles.
In MovieMaker, follow the steps under "Finish Movie"; In iMovie, click on DVD, add bookmarks, then click on iDVD and work through that application picking a background, audio, scene selection, etc...
9) Burn the DVD.
I have recently purchased a new Sony Handicam camcorder DCR-DVD110E. I recently recorded a wedding for friends using 3 maxell 30 min 1.4gb dvd-rw mini discs. I have successfully finalised the discs and put them on my computer and they play well. The problem I have is that I would like to put all three onto one disc (TKD dvd-rw 4.7GB single sided disc) to give to the couple. When I try to do so I can copy the first disc ok. It is when I try to copy the second disc that I get a message telling me that it is the same file name and asks me to overwrite the first disc file or reformat. How can I get all three on the same disc if they use the same files names? I tried to rename the files but then seemed to lose the file paths to the stored information. Can anyone help.