Samsung forum

General discussion

Alternative wireless Lan adapter for samsung ue46b7050.

Hi
Does anyone know of an alternative wirelss adapter for use with the samsung ue46b7050, that is working. Instead of samsungs own WIS09ABGN.
:-)PTBS

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Alternative wireless Lan adapter for samsung ue46b7050.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Alternative wireless Lan adapter for samsung ue46b7050.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Alternative wireless adapter for ue46b7050

In reply to: Rosewill Dongle

Hi
Thanks, I will try that one instead of the one from samsung. The price is much better.
Wink

Collapse -
My mistake....

In reply to: Alternative wireless adapter for ue46b7050

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-13973_102-0.html?threadID=372159

Hope you didn't already order one as the one I reference only works with Blu ray players.

I found that the "AGN" adapters for TV uses the Ralink RT2501 chipset.

Further searching found an adapter that uses the same chipset.
http://ralink.rapla.net/

the AGN2 for blu ray players uses the Ralink wireless b/g/n chipset, the AGN is only b/g.

Sorry for the misinformation previously.
Collapse -
Alternative wireless Lan adapter for samsung ue46b7050.

In reply to: Alternative wireless Lan adapter for samsung ue46b7050.

You can easily circumnavigate the wireless issue by purchasing a refurbished Cisco (Linksys) WRT160N ($29 CDN at tigerdirect.ca), go to http://www.dd-wrt.com and download the proper firmware, then set your router up as a repeater. That way, your TV and Samsung BluRay player can both plug directly into LAN ports on the repeater router. The wireless part is router to router only. Works like a charm for internet widgets, firmware upgrades and DLNA.

The biggest annoyance for me is the fact that Samsung's implementation of DLNA doesn't do MKV or MKA files, yet the USB hard drive connection does. Matroska files play beautifully and flawlessly from a USB connected hard drive.

You could also use TVersity, Twonky, Mediatomb etc. to transcode from your PC just about about any format you can think of.

Sorry for the ramble - but it does work, the family loves being connected!

Bill Curran

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.