Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Alternative browser for IE6

by Larry38 / May 30, 2004 6:23 AM PDT

Windows XP Home SP1 OE6 & IE6.
No problems so far,but would like to install another browser. I have been reading the threads also checking the browser sites and have decided to go with Mozilla since it seems the most popular, but since they offer several browsers I am not sure which one to download, Mozilla 1.7 or Firefox 0.8 Can anyone recommend one over the other?
Thanks
Larry

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Alternative browser for IE6
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Alternative browser for IE6
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Alternative browser for IE6
by Mark G / May 30, 2004 11:59 PM PDT

ive used both i like mozzila better cant tell you why
and i still use ie6 fully updated and no probs either.
remeber u need ie to check for win updates

Collapse -
by Coryphaeus / June 2, 2004 11:47 PM PDT

Mozilla has email. Firefox is browser only.

Collapse -
by Larry38 / June 3, 2004 5:54 AM PDT

Thanks to you both for your input. One other question, would I be better off going to version 1.6 or is version 1.7RC2 good enough to use without too many headaches? I really did not want to download both a browser and e-mail when I can get them both in one package. Thought I would ask someone who has used them.
Thanks
Larry

Collapse -
Re:Re:Alternative browser for IE6
by Coryphaeus / June 3, 2004 7:40 AM PDT

I've used Mozilla for quite a while. It works well. Netscape is built on it. But Mozilla doesn't have all the other crap that comes with Netscape.

Go for it. Keep IE as your default browser.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.