Question

Alternate power for 2511x monitor

So some twit stole the DC adapter for my HP 2511x monitor from my car. *grumble* Question is... Can I run it from any DC source with the right volts/amps? I found it strange that when I searched for the specs I could only find volts (12) and max power draw (40 watts). Ohms law gives me 3.3 amps so, just asking to be triple sure, any problems with plugging this in to one of the many other DC sources I've got, or do I have to use the DC adapter specific to this model for some reason? Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Alternate power for 2511x monitor
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Alternate power for 2511x monitor
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: adaptor

Same voltage, same or higher wattage. That are all variables.

Kees

CNET Forums