Hello,
I recently tried entering d2d mode and now
my laptop is continuously rebooting I am
able to make it to the BIOS menu and
advanced startup. any help, please

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ALT+F10 not working
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ALT+F10 not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Issues

What OS? Assume you have checked boot sequence.

- Collapse -
os

windows XP home edition

- Collapse -
Boot sequence

And F-12 won't take you to boot sequence? Assume you tried the basics, such as battery reset, remove reinstall, reboot system? These would be the first things to try, if to no avail you'd be looking to get or create (from another system) a boot disk for Windows XP.

- Collapse -
trojan

I apologize I believe it is a Trojan would you still be able to help, and yes I can change the boot sequence

- Collapse -
Safe mode

If you can boot into safe mode, you might have a chance, if it is a bug creating the issue but you didn't say IF you are able to get to safe mode, specifically safe mode with networking.

- Collapse -
trojan

I am unable to boot in any safe mode, however I will attempt to use avg rescue cd, do you have any experience with this if so could you guide me?

- Collapse -
virus

also yes I do believe it was a virus

- Collapse -
Safe mode

It seems odd that you can get to bios or settings but can't access safe mode, F-8. As I said before, you could create a boot disk, from another computer or create a Linux boot disk, again from another computer. Another OLD trick is to get your hands on an older , 2004 or prior, Norton A/V disk, they had boot capability built in. You could try the AVG disk but I wouldn't bet on that unless you had AVG installed as a package.

- Collapse -
Boot disk

Would you be able to guide me using a boot disk of your choice?

- Collapse -
Boot disk

There are several tutorials on line as to how to create a Windows XP boot disk, you need access to another on line computer, go to a search engine and type in "How to create Windows XP boot disk" follow the basic instructions. If you are not computer savvy, most techie shops could create one for you, at a cost, of course.

CNET Forums