Question

Already order an RTX 2080 card, wondering if I should wait f

So I ordered an MSI RTX 2080 graphics card and I was wondering if waiting for the super edition would be better.Keep in mind that unfortunately in my country, graphics cards don't follow the prices nvidia set.So when the super cards are released, they will be about 100$ more expensive. If they had the same price ofcourse i would cancel my order. So do you think the RTX 2080 Super will be worth the extra 100$ + the longer wait time?

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Already order an RTX 2080 card, wondering if I should wait f
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Already order an RTX 2080 card, wondering if I should wait f
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
My question is.

"What are you doing?"

We see that it takes a pair of 2080's to reliably break the 60 FPS mark in the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfmM71NOTo so this has me asking what are you doing?

A single 2080 should be the pinnacle for 2K 144Hz monitor and gaming or your AI programming. (for at least this year.)

- Collapse -
Answer
RTX 2080

You won't know what the price and perf of the super will be until they release it.

If you can wait then wait.

If not get a stock 2080 now.

CNET Forums

Forum Info