General discussion

Already missing Tom on BOL

If Monday's BOL was any indication of what's to come, I can't abide it. What Tom was great at was reigning in the out-of-control digressions and silliness that can easily occur when these guys get together and just try to one-up each other on gag lines.

I'm all for having a good time, but I don't listen for the laugh-fest. I hope someone picks up that mantle, because Molly doesn't seem capable. No knock on her; it's just not her forte. Tom knew when to call a timeout and keep things on track. He wasn't a Debby Downer in that regard. It takes a bit of deftness to pull it off without the total "buzz kill", pardon the pun.

Just my opinion, but I need a bit more direction to the show than what I heard on Monday's 'cast.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Already missing Tom on BOL
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Already missing Tom on BOL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Already missing Tom on BOL

He will be back on Monday he is in Hawaii.

- Collapse -
Yeah, I know...

Should have said that in my original post...I know he'll be back for a short time before permanently leaving. I'm just seeing a foreshadowing of what's to come unless someone steps up.

- Collapse -
I'll definitely miss him on BOL

but I really hope he can make TWIT better because it's not that great, my opinion. I only listen to it when all my other podcasts are finished and I don't have anything else to listen to.

CNET Forums