Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Almost sprained my wrist moving the mouse

around to read this ''wrap'' I just posted here.

Post was typed within the normal reply box. No copy/past from something else like notepad, etc..
Running off the right margin (wrap)used to not happen. It seemed to occur here with the long URL being posted.

??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Almost sprained my wrist moving the mouse
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Almost sprained my wrist moving the mouse
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wrap

In reply to: Almost sprained my wrist moving the mouse

John
I am having the same problem in Firefox

Someone suggest the long url that is not necessarily correct it also happens without the long url.

This only happens at c/net forum since the last revision.

Bob Proffit suggested a bug but no reply from admn people have answered thread.

Ray

Collapse -
I just tried this with

BOTH IE and Firefox. In IE it reads normally, in Firefox it stretches the page like you are talking about John. In Firefox, the URL is all in one line, in IE it wraps around and the page shows correctly. I have no suggestions for fixing it but I'm just confirming what you have said.

Collapse -
Thanks Ray and Roddy. Yep, it seems

to happen in Firefox. Just checked IE and that post has no wrap using it.

Collapse -
Whoa... I'll report this issue in FF

Thanks!

Collapse -
Still getting a ''wrap'' requiring

In reply to: Whoa... I'll report this issue in FF

side by side horizontal movement of scroll bar when a long URL is used in a post.

It is really predominate using Firefox. Using IE, the movement of the scroll bar is only required once slightly, when a long URL is in a post. Using Opera, scrolling is not required.

There are many other posts for examples, but here are a couple of examples using Firefox version 1.0.6 when it contains a long URL:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=124213&messageID=1408493

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=123937&messageID=1404941&tag=

Collapse -
it does'nt always happen John

when i saw your post earlier on i checked, the URL was on 2 lines, now it's in one -Firefox ver1.0

Collapse -
Firefox 1.0.6

In reply to: it does'nt always happen John

and still happening.

No changed from earlier versions.

Thanks
Ray

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.