Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Almost 2 AM and finally home from the emergency room..

Our Grandaughter was hit in the face with a golf club by one of her friends this evening about 7 PM, Split her cheek open from the left side of her nose down to just underneath her lip:( 22 stitches. She had a CAT scan as when she was hit it knocked her flat on her back and out cold for about 5 seconds! I will be staying up for a bit to wake her and check on her condition. This little sweetheart told her Mother that they didn't need to come home from their trip early that she is fine, What a little trooper! Now we are just praying that she doesn't get a nasty scar on her pretty face. Kimberly is 11, and she was so good with everything they had to do:)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Almost 2 AM and finally home from the emergency room..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Almost 2 AM and finally home from the emergency room..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
wow! kids are amazing .

In reply to: Almost 2 AM and finally home from the emergency room..

You did good Glenda and that girl can play on my ball team any time.

Collapse -
I don't know about that Mojo! LOL

In reply to: wow! kids are amazing .

I just about fell apart! Thank God her brothers were here, I had the oldest on the cell phone to my son getting info we needed on where to take her and the second oldest on the house phone calling 911! That was while I got wet cloths to put on her face and Grandpa comforting her! The youngest boy was busy mopping up all the blood on the floor! I guess I did hold her hand pretty good while she was getting the stitches done. Think my son & DIL will ask us to babysit the kids again????

Collapse -
Young skin does heal well, and ERs do make special efforts

to call in the best guys when it's a facial lac on a young person, particularly a girl. Sorry this has happened when you've so many other things to deal with. Good luck and don't overlook Vitamin E cream.
It's used to promote reduction of scarring in British Hospitals.

Rob

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I'll pray for healing.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hope she heals fast

Collapse -
OMG Sue!!!

Kimmie is a little trooper. She'll be OK and she has Grandma and Grandpa there to make sure of it. Love to the little sweetheart! They have a lot of scar prevention treatments these days, I'll look into it for you.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Ahhh....the memories

When my middle daughter (D

Collapse -
im sorry to hear this glad

shes a trooper but i would sugest seeing a plastic surgen

Collapse -
Thanks to all of you......

In reply to: im sorry to hear this glad

I knew I could count on the Angels here:) I know what you mean Toni, My kids were pretty mouthy too! Thanks all for the prayers and support.
Sue

Collapse -
Sorry to hear of the accident !

Her injury was bad enough, but thank God it wasn't in the temple area or other more vulnerable areas of her skull.

They do wonderful "repair work" nowadays, so my bet is that her lovely face will regain its beauty! Apparently the blow also missed her teeth.

Kudos for her bravery! (Give her a hug from this grandmother!)

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
we just received more news on the CAT scan

In reply to: Sorry to hear of the accident !

seems the orbital bone was fractured too, so now we need to keep her upright to sleep. Small towns are so great, the Police Officer that was here last night just showed up with some stuffed animals for Kimberly and let her pick two of them:) I already gave her hugs from Evie and I will give her your hug too, THanks Angeline.
Sue

Collapse -
Glad she's ok, Glenda.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.