Samsung forum

General discussion

All these issues - anyone in love with their TV?

I stroll through here and see lots of people having issues, but is there anyone out there who bought their Samsung TV and loves it? I'm getting close to buying a new TV - most likely a 50" Samsung plasma or 52" Samsung LCD. I would love to hear from those of you who bought your TV and are loving your entertainment life right now.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: All these issues - anyone in love with their TV?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: All these issues - anyone in love with their TV?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
tweakers dream - has a bzillion picture settings

In reply to: All these issues - anyone in love with their TV?

Nice looking menu and picture. Not in love
but appreciate the technology put into these
things. I'm just having screen uniformity issues
with mine. Check reviews on the 1 you may want to
look for this. Mine is the ln32a540, but i was going
by the review on the ln32a450 which apparently was
the best 32" in its class. Cnet is a very good source
of info. Good luck.

Collapse -
Happy

I bought a LN52A630 about 6 months ago and I couldn't be happier. Great picture, easy to use. I use a cable HD box and a Samsung HTIB BluRay. Best thing I did was get a Logitech Harmony remote, btw. Highly recommend. NFI.

I have not experienced any of the issues discussed in this forum. I just read it for tips and knowledge.

Collapse -
how many other manufacturers have you seen...

that provide a forum like this? My hat's off to Samsung for giving people a place to vent and/or learn about their brand. If there were a Sony or Panny forum, I a sure it would look much the same. It's all pre-purchase researchers (like me) and the post-purchase, glitch-afflicted around here. Satisfied customers don't have a reason waste their time on a forum like this.

Collapse -
True..

In reply to: how many other manufacturers have you seen...

True enough, but satisfied customers do have reasons to visit CNET in general. I visit other forums and there are plenty of people who talk about how much they love what they just bought - I just wanted to hear some of the same. I come to CNET, and the forms, a couple times a week whether I am making a purchase or not.

Collapse -
Happy Owner of Samsung T200HD

In reply to: True..

I like my Samsung HDTV. User forums are like those informal polls on our local TV station, only those upset bother to vote in the poll. Most people who are happy just lurk so there tends to be mostly bad news. Don't let that discourage you. I'm also impressed by this Samsung section of CNET where I've got good responses to my questions in a timely fashion.

I have no connection to Samsung and this is my first purchase from them.

Leo

Collapse -
Positive experiance

In reply to: Happy Owner of Samsung T200HD

I just dropped 3G's on a Samsung setup, 50in plasma (720p) Amp speakers and Blue ray.

Picked Samsung for connectivity, still fiddling so I can't be euphoric.

The visual appearance is superior, quirky odd problems exist that can easily be redressed by hiring better engineers and play testers. IMHO this blog Could really help Samsung if the Execs pay attention and make changes, but boy is there a lot to read! Much more feedback than samsung ever expected Im sure!

Oh also remote needs work too.

Collapse -
Paying attention

In reply to: Positive experiance

P_Street:

The executives do pay attention - which is why we teamed up with C|Net. This is a powerhouse of information, and I compile and send up your opinions - often times in quotes and un-edited - directly to them.

I'm not sure if I've ever posted this, but I do make suggestions, send emails, help with issues, as well as provide large amounts of information for the executives every week. And in the process, I also get to be a bit of a consumer's advocate for the overwhelming opinions that are brought to our attention.

I'm glad to be here and hearing firsthand accounts - most are good, some are quirks, and some are negative. This information makes us better, and I'm quite adamant about making sure that critical issues are dealt with in a timely manner. Naturally, I can't promise anything, but we've done some pretty extraordinary things in the last 5 months that have positively affected many of our forum members because people spoke up.

So what about the remote? What are your thoughts?

--HDTech

Collapse -
What About the Remote

In reply to: Paying attention

Since HDTech asked about the remote, my T200HD remote is fine. Readable with my old eyes, logical layout. I can't say that about the Sony Receiver remote... It forced me to decide on a Radio Shack 8-in-1 Universal Remote which works fine with the Samsung TV, Sony Receiver, and Toshiba DVD/VCR Combo. The only flaw with the Universal is it lacked the "-" key needed for HDTV. I taught another key to emulate the Samsung "-".

Leo

Collapse -
Appreciate the feedback!

In reply to: What About the Remote

Leo,

Thanks for letting me know.

--HDTech

Collapse -
I Bought an 850 LCD & Watch More TV Now than for 30 Years

The LCD's are stunning. I've had my 52" 850 for several weeks and find myself watching TV and DVD's (on Samsung 2500 Blu-Ray player) far more than I have since the 70's. The picture quality is simply amazing. Better, I'd say, than a movie theater. And of course you don't have to listen to the "ideas" of the audience around you. It's been a long time since I've been so happy with a purchase. You won't be sorry if you go with Samsung LCD's.

Collapse -
Good product; very satisfied

I monitored a number of different forums while doing research before buying the Samsung 2550 blu-ray and 55A950 TV. I have not experienced any issues with picture quality, off axis viewing or other LCD vs Plasma debated issues. Adjusted the picture contrast, brightness and color settings with the help of a blu-ray DVE, the picture is stunning. I did not use any other special equipment or professional services adjusting the picture; just the TV menu provided functions. While the claim of very high contrast ratio is good for sales brochures, it was way too much for normal viewing IMO. I experience no motion issues with the 120hz feature set to medium. I did have to make a call to the Samsung support line for help finding the menu item to get the TV out of store demo mode. Problem solved within 10 minutes of placing the call.

Collapse -
well i would say that samsung has amazing customer care

In reply to: Good product; very satisfied

we purchased the 52 lcd in november and it developed faults after a week or so, after three visits from technicians, (and now with the only original part of the set being the casing, having had replaced; new boards ,cables and entire new display)its all ok now, it did ruin the experience as the full repairs took two months to get a working set, but customer care was amazing, and as i think someone has mentioned , i can not help but be impressed that a forum like this is even available and as for the set, very good quality, especially through blue ray, fantastic picture for the size.

Collapse -
I DO LOVE MY TV

Bought LN52A850 on 1/17/09. After returning first unit due to flashlighting and minor clouding, my replacement has none of these issues and is spectactular. Can't wait to get home to watch. Like I said. I love my TV!

Collapse -
Definitely Satisfied

In reply to: I DO LOVE MY TV

I own the
LN52A650 tv 52"
LN32A650 tv 32"
HT-TZ515 receiver - 2 of em

i love them all great pixs, sound and the usb port 4 playing movies on a 2.5" plugged in hard drive is great - less burning 2 dvd's. i have a 320 gig & 80 gig 2.5" hard drives. was using a raptor 150 with external supply.
Just beautiful. Family, Friends & I are in Awe over the picture quality.

Now i can view Sci-Fi at its best. thank u Samsung 4 such wonderful devices

Collapse -
Great LCD TV's from Samsung

In reply to: Definitely Satisfied

The Samsung LCD line of TV's is brilliant. They have lots of cool features: Star Trek touch controls on the TV itself, easy firmware upgrading, the ability to plug videos/music/photos into the TV from the computer via cheap portable flash drives; highly effective smooth-motion, color and contrast tech; great design (touch of color, glass stands, and so on), lots of user-modifiable options in the menus, plenty of connections, built-in High-Def over-the-air reception. Responsive, caring customer service. Cutting edge technology. Intelligent design in every area, including the menu system, the fat well-written paper manual, and so on. Samsung has become the leader in TV technology in every aspect.

But above all, the single most important attribute of these televisions is their fabulous picture quality. People who have watched other HD television during the past few years are stunned when they see what these Samsung LCD TV's can display. Samsung technology fulfills the promise of HD--signal processing that puts realism up there on your screen. Watch some live sports: you'll think you're looking through a window at the real thing.

And if you attach a Samsung 2500/2550 Blu-Ray player, be prepared to enjoy all your DVD's over again. This player contains technology that makes ordinary DVD's look pretty much like Blu-Ray.

You might say I'm a reformed Sony aficionado. I've got three Samsung TV's in my house, and plan to add a couple more in 2009.

Collapse -
Very satisfied with Samsung

In reply to: Great LCD TV's from Samsung

I've got a 50" sammy Plasma, paired with sammy HTIB, and I am very satisfied. They work well together, and for a pretty reasonable price I get great picture and sound. Also love this forum, haven't seen anything else like it for other manufacturers. I wholeheartedly recommend Samsung products (also have a fridge/ microwave that are great)

Collapse -
I love mine!

I'm new to the world of big screen LCDs. I've had my 46/750 for only three weeks, but I am still so amazed by the picture quality. It is truly awe-inspiring. Truly incredible. I have had no problems with mine so far, knock on wood.

I believe this forum does attract more folks who do have issues with their products. But that makes it a great place to learn from.

If you are interested in hearing people rave about their Samsungs, I would suggest that you go to Amazon.com and read the reviews for the model you are interested in. A lot of ravers seem to post their reviews there.

Hope that helps!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.