Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

All of these tech and peeps and i learned on my own.

by smilley_t / March 12, 2007 6:47 PM PDT

I had a post on this page for help and no one could answer or give me simple instructions. But i learned it on my own and is was simple as making a glass of water. The answer to my question at the bottom all i can do to paste it in word and then save as (web page). And tabbing to all the boxes and everything worked perfect. So thanks for all the help yall.
All i need is some simple explanation to my question and a little time from someone to help me out.
dave

I have a problem and seems no one can help me elsewhere. I have a program i want to copy and paste to microsoft word or any other office programs. Ive copied and pasted in word. When i do it comes up like ive copied it. The problem im having is it has boxes that you type in and i can but cant tab down to the next box. How do i fix this problem where i can tab down to the next box so i dont have to use the mouse? I want to know the best way on doing this. Do i need to try a new way? Cause its a program i need to train my coworkers on but cant cause it saves in the system when you work in the system. Im trying to make a simple way to train them without workin in the main program. If you need to know anymore info just hit me up please.
dave

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: All of these tech and peeps and i learned on my own.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: All of these tech and peeps and i learned on my own.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Good job. But ...
by Kees Bakker / March 12, 2007 7:21 PM PDT

still some remarks.

1. You can't copy all screens from all programs to MS Word, save them as webpages and trust they will work more or less. That only works with the GUI of web-based programs (that have an user-interface based on html). If you don't believe me, try it with a screen in MS Access. You didn't provide that little detail in your original post http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6129_102-0.html?forumID=29&threadID=237877&messageID=2427448

2. A screen saved like this won't have much functionality, like error messages and buttons to jump to other screens. It really is a rather poor way of training people. It's much better to use a special 'environment' with the real application and near-real data, coupled to a special database only used for testing and training. But you need IT people to make that for you.

I'm glad to see you found a way of doing it that suits you. Really. But if you ever find a supervisor job in any big firm (like a bank, an insurance company, a retail chain), you might learn how they manage testing and training, and that makes a lot of difference.

Kees

Collapse -
Agreed
by richardp123 / March 12, 2007 10:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Good job. But ...

I agree with Kees.

Yes it's great that you've found a solution to your issue - which I found difficult to understand, not just in the description of the query but particularly in the line of thinking.

Sorry but your follow-up post seems unfair to this community, Dave.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!