For normal use, I'd go with the cheapest of the 2.
did a quick browse to check if I'm not duplicating existing thread, sorry if I did.
Looking for a "all-in-one" and decided (?) for new Lenovo series.
In currys they have two models available (both 23.8" screen), main differences between those:
- Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor vs. Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor
- RAM: 8GB VS. 12GB (DDR4)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 930 (2 GB GDDR3)NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (2 GB GDDR3)
I run both CPU's trough cpuboss.com - seems that regarding graphics it's too close call to say which one is better. CPU - obviously i7 has multithreading, but does it really matter?
First unit is £799.99, better (?) one is £999.99
Now the question - is "better" one worth that £200 extra? I don't mind spending that - it's just that I don't want to spend that extra for a computer that is only better in benchmark test and I won't ever notice it. I know it's nowhere near gaming unit, it's a laptop with bigger screen etc. etc. If I can run SC2 Legacy of the Void somewhere near mid-settings, I'd be happy.
What would you recommend?
Thanks for help.
additional info on CPU:
- Intel® Core™ i5-6400 Processor
- 2.7 GHz / 3.3 GHz with Turbo Boost
- 6 MB cache
- Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor
- 3.4 GHz / 4 GHz with Turbo Boost
- 8 MB cache