General discussion

All hail J.Lo!!

Big-Bottomed Mannequins Boost Profile in New York

J.Lo and Beyonce can take another bow. The booty-shaking stars have shaped the newest generation of mannequins, with hundreds of well-rounded plastic backsides appearing in shop windows across New York.

Bootylicious figures clad in tight low-rise jeans have spilled from the city's street fashion stores into more established labels.

"It's absolutely the trend," said Dwight Critchfield, creative director for mannequin firm Goldsmith.

"These mannequins look great, and there is a real sex appeal about them."

The recent pop culture fixation on large bottoms has been around since at least 1992, when rapper Sir Mix-a-Lot scored a hit with "Baby Got Back."

But some credit the recent booty shakin' efforts of shapely stars Jennifer Lopez and Beyonce for the fresh emphasis on bigger and rounder posteriors, coupled with the fashion explosion of the Brazilian-style low-rise jeans.

"J.Lo was the first to stress that women shouldn't be afraid to show their curves, and the popularity of rap made that shape more acceptable," said Critchfield. "And it is about these low-riding jeans looking good on a sexy, tight fit."...

Evie Happy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: All hail J.Lo!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: All hail J.Lo!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) jlo floats my boat sigh
- Collapse -
Re: All hail J.Lo!! .......YES, YES......
- Collapse -
I knew it wouldn't take long ...

... to get a reply from you on this one! Gee, I just can't quite figure out what's so great about that dress Wink

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It's only from a mans perspective... I like it too
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It's a dress of dreams... and hopes...
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Fellas! Note the wink! Perhaps a tic was needed :-)
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Needed excuse to revisit the site. Research.
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Boss standing behind me.
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Enjoying the dress perhaps....
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Not her style
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) sorry - you say something - my eye on that dress ;-)
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Am I going to get fired if I access this site?
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Fired for Reuters?
- Collapse -
Dress was worn and shown on standard TV like

NBC, CBS, ABC (don't remember which), but photos on their news also at the time. JLo was co-host for presenting an award at the Grammy Awards and nothing was censored by the networks or the FCC even getting into the picture about it being questionable.

If you get in trouble, perhaps your boss is female, and just doesn't understand the finer styles of dress for an occasion. Happy

JR

- Collapse -
Re: 'the Dress' -- and then there was Matt Lauer's

Halloween version on Today... (Sorry, couldn't find a pic).

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Does this mean I'm becoming a sex object? Hmmmmmmm.
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) only if you are very very lucky :-)

CNET Forums

Forum Info